Junk car? No way, it's my planter.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CraftyDiva, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

2. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

actually I wouldn't do that, because being my luck I'll get a buch of Wasp nest in there! and looks like a good place for critters to hide.

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmm... For some reason, it won't let me access the link...

But, as long as it seems we're talking about vehicles as lawn ornaments, this is what happens when you throw a bridal shower for two Jeep people (and you have LOTS of 60 year old Jeep parts lying around the garage...)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v102/n9viw/?action=view&current=fenderfrontclip02.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v102/n9viw/?action=view&current=underlindentree.jpg

(Hope I did the photobucket thing right... It's the first time I'm flying solo without DH standing by...)

Pony!

4. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:) My Auntie used one of my uncles old tractors for a planter. IT was really cute.....until the Yellow Jackets moved into the engine compartment. In the desert those suckers are really touchy.... so the flowers died from lack of care.

There are a lot of cute idea though for planters, I bet you guys have seen most of them..like the bed steads with the "Flower Beds" in between. fun.

LQ

5. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

PONY - How bad are the spot welds on the rear wheel wells rusted on the rear body tub? I got a good old 75 CJ 5 with serious rust on the tub?

6. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

Ive got an old junk in the field I need removed but i opened the glove box one day and a huge opposum had built a nest in it and was lookig at me with sleepy eyes...."shut the door..."

I noticed too the cats all sleep in there on cold afternoons the sun in the windows must make it all warm and toasty in there.

7. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

I think something like that would be cute only if you painted it in really vibrant primary colors!

8. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

I've always kept a junk car for my kids to play in. It's the gretest toy for a kid. When they were smaller the Dukes of Hazzard was popular, they had their own General Lee.

9. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

I've seen old car bodies used for pasture pig huts. One door was cut off, seats removed and something for bedding used to level it out.

Have also heard of the cargo van type used as a food dehydrator. Gets right warm in one during the summer with the windows rolled up.

10. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Uncle Will, I just spoke with DH, who said that the CJ5 has a 84" wheel base, and the CJ2A has an 80" base and might be a bit narrow, and then he laughed when I told him what you wanted it for. (We live in the Land of Rust, and his CJ8 is completely without a bed; mine's just real patchy from where I have bondo'd and pieced it together.)

As for the Flattie Tub: One wheel well is attached to the tub, the other isn't, but you are welcome to either or both if you want to come and get 'em. But we still might need the front of the tub for the flattie "in-process" in the garage. :)

Pony!

11. Timedess

Timedess Guest

I am using an old "jon boat" in our front yard as a planter. The City wanted us to get rid of it ("city-wide cleanup"), but dh told the guy that it's my herb planter and he conceeded, LOL! Unfortunately, whenever we move, I won't be able to bring it with me (had to give the trailer back to FIL).

12. scott

scott Well-Known Member