Jung Quality Seeds?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Kelle in MT, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Kelle in MT

Kelle in MT Well-Known Member

Have any of you had experience with this company? We're looking at ordering bare root Apple trees and have had bad luck with other seed cataloge companies. Thanks for your info, be it good or bad.

2. cowboy joe

cowboy joe Hired Hand

Hey Kelle,

I've purchased from Jung's in the past and will probably place an order again this year. I order seeds, mostly, but I did buy some willow trees a few years back. Their prices were decent and and all of the trees have done fairly well I also bought some strawberries and garlic from them at a bargin basement price last year but it's too early to tell how well they will do. I've been real pleased so far with their service as everything ordered has arrived in good shape. Hope that helps.

CJ

3. Kelle in MT

Thank you for your input, we've grown weary of cataloge companies we know nothing about, as we've been burned a couple times. Thanks again I'm checking out some other sites, but I think will try a couple apple trees from them.

4. tooltime

tooltime Border Ruffian

Kelle,
    I've ordered from Jung's for the past 5-6 years, and my Mom has ordered from them for much longer. We've always had good luck with their seeds, plants and trees we've ordered, and found that if a plant arrives in poor condition or dies out, they will replace it. I'd say there a well-run catalog operation, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.
    For what it's worth, I live in Minnesota, so the orders come from their Wisconsin headquarters rapidly.

5. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

We have had excellent luck with Jung's plants...our raspberry patch is grand...never had luck with them before. Ordering blueberries from them this year. We bought our lilacs from them and they are just gorgeous. All the barberry shrubs around the house are from there....planted to keep the dogs out which didn't work but the berries are very popular with the bluebirds. DEE

6. We go to there store every spring and have alway had good luck with everything we have bought

7. Kelle in MT

Thanks we went ahead and ordered 5 apple trees from them. They'll come in mid to late April. I can hardly wait, but need to get our spot all cleared out for them and get our other apple trees pruned and topped. We look forward to a good crop of apple this Fall. We just had no idea how old the trees that are here are and they haven't been cared for in the last 5-6 yrs. Thanks again for all your comments good or bad.
    Blessings,
    Kelle in MT

8. Kelle out there in Montana,

Good evening. Before you buy any seed anywhere, go to this lady's site and look around. You cannot buy seed any cheaper than she sells them, unless you go to a rinky-dink somewhere. You do not have to buy there but she must have thousands of varieties of everything, they're guaranteed and they are the nicest people in the world to talk to. They don't treat you like your stupid, even though some people probably are.

I hope you have good luck finding what you want and have a happy gardening year.

http://www.ivy-garth.com/

9. Sq_Ft_Gardener

Sq_Ft_Gardener Member

Sorry Kelle, that's me up there, NLI.