Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm already at the point the scale seems to be stuck.

If past history applies, if I stick with it I should see a big drop in the next few days.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts

If past history applies, if I stick with it I should see a big drop in the next few days.
The needle on my scale seems to be sleeping, too.

That said, my jeans are fitting much better. I'll go with how the jeans fit over what the scale says. :)

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts

The needle on my scale seems to be sleeping, too.

That said, my jeans are fitting much better. I'll go with how the jeans fit over what the scale says. :)
Apparently all our scales are taking a nap! I'll just continue as I am, and the drop will happen. MoonRiver you had quite a drop for your first week.

·
Registered
10,323 Posts
I wrote earlier that we bought a FitBit for my husband. I can now absolutely say that it was the best $200 we gave spent on anything for exercise including memberships and equipment. Unfortunately I have never been able to wear a watch of any kind. Something in my electric system just shuts them down.

He is now obsessed with beating or cutting down on all the daily information given - number of steps, stair climbs, heartrate, calories burned, weight, weight loss goal, resting time (sitting on the couch), weekly exercise and it is also a watch It has alarms to tell you if you are not doing enough and timers for reminders. It also has a sleep function to monitor your REM. light and deep sleep and time awake. And you can go back to see how you have been doing over the week and month.

My husband is not a really completive guy (never cares about what others are doing or thinking) but now it turns out that he is competitive with himself and this is a great motivator. He lost 2 pounds already. He has never had a weight problem just gains 4 or 5 pounds each winter and loses it in the spring. He is very active all the time but not with cardio. Now that we are retired I have warned him that the best weight control is to never gain the weight if possible and just enough exercise each week helps keep your weight under control but also improve your mood. I have had weight issues for a good part of my life so know that this works. And what is great for me is that he does not mind the FitBit nagging him at all LOL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Late to the party but sign me up for five. Was on Keto and intermittent fasting and did well. Added some carbs back in for balance and haven't been doing so well on the scale.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
I am down one more pound, and started eating Paleo/Wahl's today.

Hoping for relief from chronic pain and attendant issues, as well as being able to fit back into my clothes.

Got into my shorts from last Summer. They're a teeeeny bit snug, but still wearable.

Reactions: MAWL and alida

·
Super Moderator
16,781 Posts
This month I have jumped around. I probably am eating more salt some days than others. On the good side I do not think that I have gained any

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I couldn't get the scale to budge, so I tried keto with eggs and fish for 2 days. I'll see tomorrow how well it worked.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I couldn't get the scale to budge, so I tried keto with eggs and fish for 2 days. I'll see tomorrow how well it worked.
Keto worked for weight loss, but my body can't take it. My heart rate was up, I had trouble sleeping, and it really upset my stomach.

The good news is I'm down 3 lbs for the week. From now until the end of the summer, my goal is 2.5 lbs a week on average.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Keto worked for weight loss, but my body can't take it. My heart rate was up, I had trouble sleeping, and it really upset my stomach.

The good news is I'm down 3 lbs for the week. From now until the end of the summer, my goal is 2.5 lbs a week on average.
From what I've read, if ones heart rate is up on keto, it is because the body needs electrolytes - usually magnesium and potassium.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts