Juicing wheat grass

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Rita, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

Does anyone juice wheat grass here? We read about how good it is for you and are starting to grow some in flats. The question I have is that the juice is so foamy when it comes out of the juicer. Is this the way it is always?

2. backachersfarm

backachersfarm Well-Known Member

I do a lot of juicing of fruits and veg. a lot of them will foam like this. If you let it set for a few min you can stir most of it down. I have found beets to be the worst.

Good luck with this

Sharon

3. woodsmokeinherhair

woodsmokeinherhair it's bout quality of life

Yes, I spent about 6 months juicing wheat grass before I decided it was probably something i really didn't need. It does foam quite a bit. But you are supposed to get it into your body as quick as you can after you juice it for the optimum health benefits, so I tried to never let it sit for too long. It got harder and harder for me to drink it. I even mixed it with other juices. They say that if it makes you gag, you are probably over doing it, and to stop, and I was down to just an ounce or two a day, and so I just quit. Supposed to be good stuff for cancer and those that don't get good daily nutrients though.

Woodsmokeinherhair!

4. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the replies. I had bought 50 lbs of wheat to grind and it got buggy so I planted it in the garden. Then one day it hit me that all that beautiful stuff could be juiced. Now I gag at most things but I like iced tea and if I put a goodly amount of the wheat grass juice in the tea with LEMON that I actually enjoy it. I don't believe adding it to the tea and lemon will hurt but it's probably the only way I could take it.