Jubilee

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Big Dave, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

This is something that I belive could work. Seven families under the direction of a finacial councilor, place all thier debt out on the table.Homes, vehicles taxes, utilites,everything. As a group that comes together monthly you would get to know each other and provide a network of friends as well support for the venture. Take the smallest debt and pay it off. That famiy now has one less debt. Go to the next debt and pay it off. One less debt.
    The families are not allowed to assume new debt while under the plan. This wiil of course take several years for all the families to come out of the hole. Seven or less I think. Why seven well you wil have to look that up. Is this scriptural? I can not quote verses but I belive this would work. Any thoughts on how to tune it up?

2. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Find the others who are in agreement with you...then get back to me.

Marlene

3. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Why do you need 6 more families?

4. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

The cooperative part is the problem. It's hard for a couple to cooperate with each other is seems....... ;)

Take 7 families _who are in debt_, and find a way to keep them from getting in more debt??????

Why would they want to do that???? It's their pattern, their lifestyle..

Why would they change?

That is the problem.

Sounds like a good plan for any individual or family. Great idea.

The grouping of 7 - that adds a lot of side issues that I don't know why anyone would want to be involved in.....

If you find them, great. Would work out great.

If.

--->Paul