Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joy is looking out the kitchen window while working and watching gold finches feasting on your sunflowers, and knowing your elderly neighbor is also looking out her window watching.

Joy is having a faithful dog by your side and a sleepy cat on your stool

Joy is monarch butterflies.

Joy is paying a visit to a neighbor to return a pitcher of lemonade and sharing gardening yays and woes

Joy is the bounty of bell peppers the neighbor sends you home with.

Joy is a day where you feel just fine and energetic.

Joy is a clean kitchen (I'm funny like that lol)

This is how my day is going so far :)

(Add your own joys today))

·
Registered
233 Posts
Joy is listening to your firstborn laugh for the first time.

Joy is hearing your husband say to his daughter, "Awww, I love you sooo much!"

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
my baby's smile

my daughter saying she would rather spend the afternoon with me than her friends

my husband calling me an excellent wife

knowing my Saviour

watching puppies play with toddlers

Great thread!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Joy is....the smell of freshly cut grass

Joy is....the cool breeze that blows just before it starts to storm (esp when it's been hot that day!)

Joy is....listening to my daughter giggle so hard she can barely stand...a good belly laugh!

Joy is....sitting with my dh on our swing in the evening and watching the fireflies sparkle

Joy is....being dead-tired after a day full of picking veggies and canning....seeing the jars lines up on the table as they cool

Joy is....hearing dd and dh say they love you

Joy is....watching laundry flap in the breeze on the clothesline

Gosh there are so many (and ITA about the clean kitchen LOL!) it's hard to narrow them down to a few.

Great thread!
Shawna :)

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chickenmommy said:
A sleeping 2 year old. Wish mine was!! I'm looking for a little joy here!

Could be a lot worse.... ;)

Your joy----you and your 2 year old are alive and well! :) If I were your neighbor, I'd watch her for a while so you can find some piece and relaxation, if but only for a few hours lol!

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Joy is the sound of my children's laughter -- together.

Joy is my husband's smile.

Joy is the sound of the wind in the cottonwoods outside my dining room window.

Joy is the sound of my father's voice as he talks about my mother and their life together.

Joy is a difficult job accomplished, and the sense of peace that comes from knowing that that job being completed has a DIRECT effect on my ability to provide for my family.

Joy is fresh sheets blowing on a drying line.

Joy is the rururu noises my dog makes when she sees me first thing in the morning, and the growly noises she makes as she settles beside my bed each night.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Laughter--that uncontrollable, from the heart, downright crazy laughter--from my children, dh and grandkids..

My dachshunds...

sun-dried clothes swaying on the line...

AC when it is 115* and the humidity is 85%.

Freezer, pantry and cabinets full.

A hen 'calling' her babies to eat!!

Swings, fireflies, hammocks, thunderstorms, snow angels, beach sand --first thing in the am before anyone else is up and walking on it...

Queen Bee

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
NickieL said:
Could be a lot worse.... ;)

Your joy----you and your 2 year old are alive and well! :) If I were your neighbor, I'd watch her for a while so you can find some piece and relaxation, if but only for a few hours lol!
Thanks for the offer! She finally went to sleep (passed out where she was playing) at 3 pm! Slept for two hours and woke up the little angel I know and love. Now she is fighting sleep again for all she's worth at 10:30 pm! That's my little love. She will be awake at 6 am tomorrow, you can bet on that, like she always is. Usually her Poppa and I tag team her but he had to work a double shift today so I had her all to myself. It was too rainy this afternoon and too hot earlier to go for our usual walk and wear her out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Joy is a very unexpected $25.00 a week raise :dance:

Joy is lifting your disabled daughter out of the tub and holding her over the mat to drip, when she bursts into uncontrollable giggles and laughter, so hard she doubles over. :angel:

Joy is picking her up out of her bed in the morning and having her wrap her arms around my neck, while burrowing her head next to mine.

Joy is the love of my Wife.

Joy is feeling loved and wanted.

Joy is having a 2d Grader give you a "Best Bus Driver" drawing on the 2d day of School :)

Joy is knowing God will help you through all your trials and tribulations.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
today, joy is hearing that *ping* as the canning jars cool!
And the nice breeze blowing through the hot, humid kitchen!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Knowing the debt I owe God is "paid in full"by his son.
Knowing the money beat the check to the bank. :bouncy: :bouncy: :clap:

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
suburbanite said:
Poires belle Helene
Perhaps with a Noble Reisling to accompany.

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Joy is seeing a brand new kitchen floor, and knowing you did it yourself!

Joy is paying off the mortgage - looking forward to that someday. :)

Joy is watching your elderly Arabian mare kick up her heels and float across the field.

But real joy is spending time with those you love...

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Joy is hearing that DH got an unexpected $25 a week raise.

Joy is hearing baby girl break out in bellylaughs of laughter after coming out of the tub.

Joy is having a loving Husband

Joy is knowing that I can depend on God for everything

Joy is knowing that no matter what God will listen to you

Joy is knowing that my little business is growing, and I can help provide for our family.

Joy is knowing our blessed cat Rufus, the almighty hunter, snatched a snake. (I dislike snakes!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts