Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've rented the complete HBO mini-series "John Adams" from Netflix and it is great! For all you history buffs out there, this is a must. SO unlike all those boring movies you had to watch in history class. If they'd had movies like this, I probably would have learned a lot more! Highly recommended!

·
Premium Member
21,578 Posts
I loved that mini-series! All of the actors were terrific but I particularly liked the portrayal of Jefferson.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
I'd love to watch it. The "Adams", John, John Quincy Adams, and Abagail are cousins to some of my Forfathers who's names are John Adams, John Quincy, and Abagails. We grew up believing the President(s) John and John Quincy may have been our ancestors. But after doing some major genology search to our disapointments we found out it wasn't so. However, our forfathers were very close kins to the President John Adams and is believed to have the same forfathers back in France. They all lived in the same area at the time of John Adams presidential election.

My side of the Adams every generation kept naming their offsprings John and Abigail. Whenever we would find a cemetary with Adams family in it many males would be named John and many women would be named Abigail.

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
I particularly liked the portrayal of Jefferson.
I did, too! And it was really neat to see the filming actually done at Monticello. Most of the film was made in this area. DH and I had great fun picking out all the houses and buildings we recognized:)

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
Our family loved it too. Even our six year old got a lot out of it. (We pre-screened before watching again with the kids.)

We gave it as a Christmas present to my folks. :)

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
Thanks for posting this. We don't get HBO and rarely rent films so wouldn't have known. I love reading history and Adams is one of my favorite quirky historic figures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts