JERSEY TO A GOOD HOME reasonably priced

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by JElfering, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JElfering

JElfering Dairy Dreamer

Seeking to reduce herd before winter. 4-H run-a-muck. Have the following available to a good home. Selling from NE Wisconsin.

4yr old cow in second lactation (5th month)
    owned since 3 months old
    hand-milked
    halter broke
    gentle disposition
    approx. 800 lbs.
    gray/drk brwn color
    jersey grade / previous jr. champion, and 1st plast at county fair

5 month old heifer calf (born 05/21/06)
    owned since 5/25/06
    approx. 200 lbs.
    reddish color
    jersey grade / 2nd place at county fair

Please respond via e-mail. Pictures available upon request
    Thank you
    Jen
    Mom of Ten

2. savinggrace

savinggrace COO of manure management

I am very interested!!!!!
    There is no email listed.
    meldredge@charter.net

Melissa Eldredge
    (815)354.1713

3. Slev

Slev Well-Known Member Supporter

....not trying to be a noodge, but if you're trying to sell something on here, why not just list the asking price, then you will not have hundreds of inquiries asking ....."how much?"

thanks,

4. JElfering

JElfering Dairy Dreamer

Slev,
    Fair comment. "I am not really sure why I didn't post $$ right away" is the best answer. Since a good home is key, then every situation is unique. I am a homesteader not a peddler and I don't really have many expectations except to milk in the morning and again at night. As you know, distance is always an issue too. Some may have transport costs, etc.

Last year when I tried this DH had high expectations. But as he has come to love and appreciate the animals his expectations are relative to a good home. Naturally, he does not want to be taken for a ride. Hopefully a fellow homesteader will appreciate what kind of a jersey they are getting.

Our cows are not from auctions and are always hand-raised. How can they not be gentle with so many children around them every day. Our milk cows are used for demonstrations with little ones younger than five. I guess you could say we are the local 4-H demo barn for jerseys. However, as sweet as they are, we cannot keep breeding and growing them for the fair without a place for them to stay. Our barn isn't big enough.

I have a few interests and hope to have a good home soon. Thanks for your thoughts. I wish it were that easy.
    Jen
    Mom of ten

5. jeff caldwell

jeff caldwell Well-Known Member

how much are you asking for the cow and the heifer?
    jeff