Jersey sire 76J134

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by allenslabs, Apr 4, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Does anyone know anything about this bull? My Annie is AIed by him and I don't know where to look at info for him! I am one of those people that like to look at pedigrees and learn about them and such so I was just wanting to do some snooping! HAHA!! Thanks!

2. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

I like to look at pedigrees too- but make mine goats!

Here's some info on this bull and his dam. She's really got it all- type, production, and unreal mastitis resistance.

http://www.michiganlivestock.com/eric_silva.htm

More bull info. at Taurus' website under "additional Jersey bulls".

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

If you want to see some detailed info on that bull, go to www.altagenetics.com and type it into the search box. Gives some good info.

BTW: I searched up info on that bull, it does come up on the site mentioned.

Jeff

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Oh thank you!! I looked at both sites and know NOTHING about reading bull info but was glad that I have to look up once I learn the jiberish! HAHA!! I liked the article as well AnnaS! Thanks you guys!! Now just have to wait for the baby.......4 months from yesterday!! Should I be able to feel the baby move? I haven't yet. I didnt know if it was too early yet.

Anyway thanks agaiN!!

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Well @ 4 months from birthing, it is hard to find the youngen. Generally I can feel them 3 months prior, sometimes 4, if the calf is in the right position. It usually is small, and this hard lump. You usually have to really push with your fist on her right side. Usually ill get kinda low, and push, bump of sorts to feel. It won't hurt it, I've done this to the herefords plenty of times. The cow might feel uncomfortable, so if she acts "stop it", wait a month.

Jeff