Jersey/Gurnesy/Brown Swiss/Angus calf coming soon...........

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by melwynnd, Mar 30, 2005.

1. melwynnd

melwynnd living More with Less!

Hi,

My Jersey/Gurnesy milk cow is going to calve in a little over two weeks. If it's a heifer, she'll be for sale. Daisy's had two heifer's by this bull already(this is her third calf). One was a little black with horns who just had her first calf this year and is being used as a nurse cow, and the other was a red with no horns who is now with a nice family who wanted a milk cow.

Daisy is a wonderful cow. The only complaint I have with her is she gives 8 gallons of milk a day and I only have a family of three(I got a Jersey cow for less milk, but we forgot to explain that to her :rolleyes: ). She gives at least a quart of very thick cream on each gallon. Her calves probably won't give quite that much with the beef in them, but would be great for a family cow.

I live in Wyoming, so if you are interested, let me know.

You can see pics of Daisy at www.sherrysapothecary.com on the Homestead Page. :)

Sherry

2. melwynnd

I forgot to mention that I am more interested in my heifers going to a good home than the price. Daisy more than pays for herself with the milk and the orphan beef calves I raise with it, so I'm not too worried about making a profit from her calf.

3. melwynnd

Daisy isn't supposed to calve for a little over two weeks, but the way she's bagging up right now, she could fool me.. :eek: (Poor thing looks like a beachball on legs :haha: )

I'm posting new pics on my website this weekend if anyone would like to see her.

www.sherrysapothecary.com click on Homestead button.

Sherry