Jersey Cow FS

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by jucal, Jun 21, 2006.

1. jucal

jucal Well-Known Member

We will be selling one of our unregistered Jersey cows next month when our last registered Jersey cow has her calf. You can see her picture on my web site. www.oklahomarawmilk.homestead.com We will be asking $1200.00 for her. She is about 7 years old. She is fresh now and giving about 3 gallons of milk at each milking twice a day. Her name is Abby so just look on the Jersey page for her. She can be milked by hand or machine. We are milking by machine now but started milking by hand. She is very gentle but she is not halter broke like all of our other cows. You can also see pictures of her on the Workshop page letting anyone milk her. The pictures of her are number 2,3,7,8,10,11,12,13,14, and 15 with a total of 7 different people taking turnes milking her. When we bought her she had a calf on her that was not hers. I am sure that she would be a good nurse cow also but we have just never needed to use her for that. We are selling her because we are eventually going to only have registered stock. She has not been bred back but can be bred to our registered Jersey bull if buyer wants that.
    Judy
    www.oklahomarawmilk.homestead.com

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Is Abby, pure Jersey? She's very pretty but those eyes don't look like Jersey eyes. Just wondering. I'm in the market for a Jersey but looking for a bottle calf. One more question does the price include breeding?

3. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Tango:

If you are in the Waverly area in the next couple of months stop by to take a look at one weanable calf I have. Mother is apparently a Jersey/Angus (or at least a black bull) cross and polled. Calf, about six months old now, is brown and has a head which looks more like a Guersey, with horns. Mother has a nice bag with finger-type tits. Mother was running with an Angus and a brown bull. Suspect the brown bull settled her.

4. jucal

jucal Well-Known Member

Yes she is pure Jersey. Breeding included with price.

5. jucal

jucal Well-Known Member