Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Homesteader said:
Well, my attitude is I'm still thinking of you and hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.
Thank you :)

My attitude right now is "whew, glad that's done!" I just got the chickens out of the barn and into the pasture pens. I had three kids to help and we got it done in two hours. 400 chickens. i counted and supervised. one set of wings beating on my hand convinced me that they could do the chicken catching!

I spent the earlier part of the day getting my electric net back up, water wagon cleaned out and going, cleaning feeders, etc.

one of the kids who helped said he'd come back and shovel litter for me in a few days, so that'll get done too.

jena

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yahoo - you sound kinda, well, normal again :) Course I don't know you well, so that may not be sayin' much :D

Got kicked in the chest by my goat yesterday so I can relate to the wings beating on your hand! Keep having those kids/friends etc. help as much as possible. They probably get a lot out of it too. Like, something they did for you yesterday may become one of their fond memories, of the chickens or whathaveyou. Might even help inspire a future homesteader!

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Homesteader said:
Yahoo - you sound kinda, well, normal again :) Course I don't know you well, so that may not be sayin' much :D

Got kicked in the chest by my goat yesterday so I can relate to the wings beating on your hand! Keep having those kids/friends etc. help as much as possible. They probably get a lot out of it too. Like, something they did for you yesterday may become one of their fond memories, of the chickens or whathaveyou. Might even help inspire a future homesteader!

Have a good day.
I'll never be "normal", but things are getting better. the hand still inhibits my abilities alot, but the pain is improving rapidly and that really helps with the attitude. i just wish i could bend them more. i faithfully do my excersises, but it just doesn't seem to get me anywhere. i hope i don't end up with permanently stiff fingers, but time will tell.

sorry you got kicked nd hope it feels better.

jena

1 - 5 of 5 Posts