jeffny

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by myersfarm, Mar 8, 2005.

1. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

jeffny i find it hard for you to post those oh so long post and still run your farm....when are we getting the picture of cows standing in your barn you said 2 weeks .....well its been 2 weeks.......dont know about everybody else but if you going to give a speach...wish you would sent it in a pm....plze....to the peason your directing it to.....thanks

2. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!
    He has his pics posted, just look.

3. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

i was wanting to see ....COWS... in the stalls he said he would post in couple weeks

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

"jeffny i find it hard for you to post those oh so long post and still run your farm...."

I do all my posting LATE, and I am a night owl. Fairly easy running the farm at the moment, nothing milking. Feeding takes a half hour, well haylage, cleaning takes me 20 minutes or so (my mother feeds the 4 jerseys in the morning, and evening). Later on about 5, throw them hay, and give them a couple more wheelbarrows full of haylage, usually done with the evening feeding by 6. Eat dinner between 7-8, go down to check on them by 10, then im on to check the weather, and come here to see whats going on. The reason it takes me such little time to feed, I made my feeding so it takes half the time it used to. I built a chute, I roll the feed bunks to the herefords, I fill the feed card and roll that into the barn yard, fill the bunks. Then fill it again, and wheel 4 wheelbarrow fulls to another group. Used to take me 20 minutes to feed the herefords down below, because I towed the bunks to them. I cut the feeding time for them in half, if not more. If I speed things up, takes me even less time.

lol, beleive me its on my mind and I will hold to my promise. I am bringing them in and have tied the 4 that will be dehorned up at once to grain them. But, not as an excuse! Any time they are in, the camera is out of sight, out of mind. But I promise by this weekend (when I get the 4 neck collars I ordered arrive) I will post pics, in this very post. But the reason why I did not take a picture Monday, was because we got back later, I brought them in quickly to see how the chains coped. But baler twin is no good for a temporary collar, and its best to use the collars I will be using, stronger and won't be trouble.

So no, I didn't forget, it has been 2 weeks, and ill take a pic. The 4 in that barn, looks damn good, you'll see.

Jeff

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Well here its Friday, and I said I would have pictures. The neck collars did not arrive. I did not forget, and im a man of my word so hopefully they will arrive Monday, and ill have pictures for you Monday night. I planned on bringing them in this evening, to take a pic but no straps.

Either way, soon!