Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked in a prison for nearly 3 decades. I know a bit about security. Like while watching the movie, Green Mile, as soon as I saw the Guards in the cell block had pistols, I knew that something bad was going to happen.
Likewise, when I saw the steps of the Capitol covered with tourists/protestors, I thought, "That's not how security works." I knew that shouldn't be allowed.
I'm not sure there were agitators egging on the crowd. But by sending a few frightened Capitol Cops and using bike racks to control a crowd of 100,000, seems like a setup.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
That episode was incited and facilitated. It wasn't done so by Trump. It is proven and undeniable by who and why.

I will say it is disappointing that Trump didn't recognize what was being set up. But, when the whole apparatus of the true powers that be in the US lay in wait for their moment to spring in to action...it may be an eye opening moment.

Many of us know now what we are up against. The next moment may be .... different.

·
Registered
40,930 Posts
Regardless of the facts, the narrative of a violent attempt to overthrow the election is firmly planted in a lot of heads. It will stay there from a long time. The idea of an "insurrection" has legs.

Trump is not a WEF player. He had to be dealt with

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
It doesn't really make much difference-- not one opinion in the this country of 350,000,000 will be changed by the investigation, regardless of the outcome.

The episode itself was only loosely organized. Those with an agenda-- a very small number in total and probably with more than one inciting group involved, each independent of the others-- relied on the emotions of mob action to propagate itself.

If "insurrection" was the goal, why was so little accomplished in that regard, given the complete "take over" of the building by such a large group with so little resistance? It's not like they established an alternate govt in the coup.

·
Registered
40,930 Posts
It doesn't really make much difference-- not one opinion in the this country of 350,000,000 will be changed by the investigation, regardless of the outcome.
You are right. 175,000,000 think Trump tried to violently overthrow the government. They want to believe, they have to believe.

It was a brilliant ploy

Reactions: doc-

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
Mt thoughts is if these protesters actually had a plan to overthrow the government, they would have gone there well armed. How many guns were confiscated? Who ever heard of an overthrow without weapons?....Give me a break.
You would think Ray Epps would have been passing out copies of "Olympus Has Fallen" the day or two before.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Those that descended on the capital, whether you want to call them peaceful protesters, insurrectionists, or clowns, were in fact misled by Trump.

It is truly mind boggling that he, without proof has been able to convince some of you that an election was stolen. Take your blinders off for a minute. And I don’t mean watch CNN. I don’t. He has a history of deceiving, and this is no different. You don’t have to side with democrats or Biden. It’s not either/or. Just consider getting your “news” from sources other than the horses mouth or propagandists.

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
I don't really follow this topic much Fireweed. Do you have multiple sources and direct quotes from the attendants of January 6th that they responded as directed by the President at the time? In other words, they were fine with standing around listening to speeches until he told them to attack?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I don't really follow this topic much Fireweed. Do you have multiple sources and direct quotes from the attendants of January 6th that they responded as directed by the President at the time? In other words, they were fine with standing around listening to speeches until he told them to attack?
That's something I've wondered myself. Between this and his advisement and offer of additional security. An offer that was rejected. How much responsibility does he really bear? And why only him?

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
I don't have time to look up the specifics, but when Schumer pointed to the SCOTUS building and called out Kavanaugh by name, it seemed pretty inflammatory, but it wasn't a specific call to action that day, rather a threat of future consequence. I read the same thing from Maxine Waters when she said to confront them wherever they could be found. It was something that would be ongoing. I don't remember anyone dropping their paid for protest signs that second and buying a plane ticket to Maryland and hopping in an Uber with pepper spray, duct tape and a handgun.
Janes Revenge just issued a quite bold statement with no fear of reprisal. In fact, most of the public has never heard of Jane's Revenge, yet they are openly threatening people with differing beliefs.
So maybe someone can quote the command to "Charge" or the specific words to burn loot and destroy that unforgettable day on January 6th that so outweighs what has been mentioned above.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Was listening to him beg the georgia sec of state for some votes. Hard to believe people thought he was a leader.
Trump would not believe that he lost.
I voted for him twice because he was “the lesser of two evils “.
With what we are finding out about him from people who worked in his administration, he will never get a vote from me again.
The Jan 6th investigation is one thing, but what some in his inner circle have said has totally changed my mind about him.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I don't have time to look up the specifics, but when Schumer pointed to the SCOTUS building and called out Kavanaugh by name, it seemed pretty inflammatory, but it wasn't a specific call to action that day, rather a threat of future consequence. I read the same thing from Maxine Waters when she said to confront them wherever they could be found. It was something that would be ongoing. I don't remember anyone dropping their paid for protest signs that second and buying a plane ticket to Maryland and hopping in an Uber with pepper spray, duct tape and a handgun.
Janes Revenge just issued a quite bold statement with no fear of reprisal. In fact, most of the public has never heard of Jane's Revenge, yet they are openly threatening people with differing beliefs.
So maybe someone can quote the command to "Charge" or the specific words to burn loot and destroy that unforgettable day on January 6th that so outweighs what has been mentioned above.
Arthropod Insect Pest Terrestrial animal Parasite

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Was listening to him beg the georgia sec of state for some votes. Hard to believe people thought he was a leader.
Please note-- Joe won GA by 12,000 votes (IIRC)...They found at least 40,000 incorrect/fraudulent votes there. Ga law states specifically that if the number of fraudulent votes equals or exceeds the margin of victory in the election, then a NEW ELECTION must be conducted. Georgia Official Explains Why He's Just Now Finding Illegal 2020 Votes .....But then you knew this when you formed your opinion, right?

PA & WI also had documented violation of election laws by their election boards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_waste_disposal_incidents

It may be incorrect to state categorically at this point that the election results were illegally obtained, because it has yet to be proven in open court. It's really just an hypothesis at this time that needs to be tested with investigation....But at the same time, it is an outright lie to state that the election wasn't stolen-- for the exact same reason.

If there was no fraud, why are the Dems so reluctant to inveestigate the allegations? Afraid of exposure, perhaps?

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,323 Posts
Please note-- Joe won GA by 12,000 votes (IIRC)...They found at least 40,000 incorrect/fraudulent votes there. Ga law states specifically that if the number of fraudulent votes equals or exceeds the margin of victory in the election, then a NEW ELECTION must be conducted. Georgia Official Explains Why He's Just Now Finding Illegal 2020 Votes .....But then you knew this when you formed your opinion, right?

PA & WI also had documented violation of election laws by their election boards. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_waste_disposal_incidents

It may be incorrect to state categorically at this point that the election results were illegally obtained, because it has yet to be proven in open court. It's really just an hypothesis at this time that needs to be tested with investigation....But at the same time, it is an outright lie to state that the election wasn't stolen-- for the exact same reason.

If there was no fraud, why are the Dems so reluctant to inveestigate the allegations? Afraid of exposure, perhaps?
That article is a year old. Has this claimed info been updated?

Even if this was proven, can they provide proof that enough of these votes would be for Trump or would it have given even more of a lead to Biden.

·
Registered
395 Posts

"Since President Joe Biden beat incumbent Donald Trump in Georgia by more than 12,000 votes, the state has been a hot spot for misinformation about election fraud. But three separate audits found no evidence of wrongdoing affecting the state's election results — and the review mentioned in the post hasn't even started yet."

You and ryder live a world of fantasy....

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,278 Posts
Those that descended on the capital, whether you want to call them peaceful protesters, insurrectionists, or clowns, were in fact misled by Trump.

It is truly mind boggling that he, without proof has been able to convince some of you that an election was stolen. Take your blinders off for a minute. And I don’t mean watch CNN. I don’t. He has a history of deceiving, and this is no different. You don’t have to side with democrats or Biden. It’s not either/or. Just consider getting your “news” from sources other than the horses mouth or propagandists.
Your bias is showing. Whether the election was stolen or not is an open question, but massive election fraud is not in doubt. The question is was the fraud large enough to give the election to Biden. I for one believe it was.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts