Jalapeno Question Again

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fixer1958, Oct 25, 2006.

1. fixer1958

fixer1958 None of the Above

I have been dehydrating jalopenos again. It makes great powdered spice. Anyway I had the bright idea to use latex gloves to handle them this time because I can't get the hot off my hands. Some of it even went through the latex. Soap does absolutely nothing. I could let it wear off naturally but I have to use the bathroom eventually and I can't hold it for 2-3 days. Is there something to get this stuff off or should I just get a HazMat suit?

2. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Soak your hands in milk, that will kill the heat.

3. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Put a few spoonfuls of salad oil on your hands, massage well, wash thoroughly.

4. Colorado

Colorado Well-Known Member

My hands got burnt this year doing hot peppers to dehydrate. It seems to soak into me. If milk does not work soak you hands in vinegar. I would put on clean gloves to work and the burn would come back. I was told to try Mayo. All I can say is put on clean gloves to go to the bathroom. I buy boxes of the toss aways to use in the garden . I use latex or plastic . Peppers I did I thought were sweet. Paprika and were very hot and not what I had thought would be. Listed as sweet and they much of put wrong ones in.