Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Hey J. Daniel. Welcome!
We'd love for you to tell us a little about yourself, your 'sted and dreams.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey J. Daniel. Welcome!
We'd love for you to tell us a little about yourself, your 'sted and dreams.
Up until the end of 2016, I worked full time in the central valley of California (a town of about 70,000 people called Turlock on Highway 99 between Merced and Modesto). We left that to raise our four kids on a seventy acre farm in western Kentucky. My wife works as a registered nurse and we homeschool our kids and have goats, chickens, guineas and more.

We are hoping to get to the point where we raise 90% of the food we eat here on our homestead and perhaps develop income to allow us both to stay at home and raise our kids on the homestead together. (jdanielwalker.com/mystory)

·
Premium Member
25,118 Posts
hmmmmmmmm Does that J stand for Johnny? Johnny Walker is a name that seems familiar, from way in my past LOL.
Just kidding. I was a wino, not a whiskey drinker.
Glad to have you here. What did you do inb Turlock, if IO can ask?
Whats your farm/gardening/homesteading skills. What you don't know, or need help with, Im sure we got the people here that can give good advice.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Welcome. It's always nice to meet new people. Sounds like you've got a life plan. Of course, the devil is in the details. If you've got questions, ask away. There is a lot of good info and wise people here. And pictures of the homestead are always welcome! Enjoy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! Actually it does stand for John. There aren't a lot of questions yet, but I know I will have some. Thanks, farmboybill, oregon1986, and countrymom22!
hmmmmmmmm Does that J stand for Johnny? Johnny Walker is a name that seems familiar, from way in my past LOL.
Just kidding. I was a wino, not a whiskey drinker.
Glad to have you here. What did you do inb Turlock, if IO can ask?
Whats your farm/gardening/homesteading skills. What you don't know, or need help with, Im sure we got the people here that can give good advice.
!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hunter63 Saying Hey and Welcome......From Wisconsin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts