Homesteading Forum banner

? Ivermectin horse paste for dog worming

31K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  DaisyDuke 
#1 ·
Hello! I hope somebody can answer my question. A friend of mine told me an old country vet taught her that you can just put a little bit on you finger and worn your dog. Please dont judge-normally i would just take my dogs to the vet & get drontal but $ is really tight right now. My dogs are a 140lb rott/bull mastiff and 85 lab/bull mastiff. I just wanted to know if their was a cheaper was to treat these tape worms and the proper dosage. Thank you and god bless

#5 ·
Ivermectin horse paste is even expensive. I just put a couple drops of the injectable on a piece of meat. Ivermectin is ivermectin.

Some worms are not susceptible to ivermectin however, like C.ovis, and for them Biltricide is the best option. It's the same product as drontal but can be acquired much cheaper at a human pharmacy, if you can get someone (like a vet) to write a prescription.

#6 ·
I don't use the paste. I use the liquid. 1/10 of a cc for every 10lbs. of body weight once a month. Use the 1% solution. I suck it out with a needle and syringe and squirt it down their throats without the needle. Do not use on collies and some herding dogs. I have been using Ivermectin for over 25 years. 50cc's at Tractor Supply is around $40. 50cc's will last a long time for a couple of dogs!!

#11 ·
Anyone use eprinex cattle pour on for dogs? I've used the horse paste for heartworm for years And use the one with prazi in it when they get tapeworms. This is my first time buying eprinex for cows and goats so if I could avoid spraying my dogs too that would be an added bonus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.