Ivercare? (1.87% vs 1%)

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KimF, Oct 29, 2005.

1. KimF

KimF Member

I am prepping to do my first worming on our does. I read what I could find online, mostly fiascofarms, about the meds options and since we are trying to breed our does shortly I figured Ivermectin would be the best bet. I knew our farm store locally carried it and wouldnt have to wait for shipping etc. I grabbed the only brand they had and brought it home. Turns out the fiascofarms site mentions 1% Ivermectin formulations and this stuff is 1.87%. I can't track down any info about this online and am not sure how to dose it. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kim

2. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

The cattle Ivomec injectable, that you give to goats ORALLY, is a 1% formulation, give 1ml per 50lb goat weight. The horse-type paste wormers are 1.87% I think, I have read you can give the paste wormers orally at double the weight dose on the tube, but I have never tried this myself.
    Hope this helps!

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I use 1.87% gel/paste at twice the dosage....150#goat gets 300# dose.

I also would give some probiotics if you have them....I actually use Pig Paste(iron&probiotics) for my goats....I put the wormer and pig paste on a slice of bread/per goat.

4. KimF

KimF Member