Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this probably isn't too big a deal to those in the frozen wastelands up north,here in the sub tropical jungles of SC it is pretty big news...:D

It is actually a mix of snow and ice but it is still very unusual.

People still talk about when it snowed back in 1989 and it actually stayed on the ground.

I doubt I can get a pic that actually shows anything although it would look funny seeing snow on the palm tree in the frontyard...

·
Enabler!
3,865 Posts
Oh I remember that blizzard of Feb 1989! We were driving down to Florida on 95 from NY and around NC it got really bad since they had no snow plows and etc. It was so icy and bumpy. We saw so many accidents and two jack knifed trucks and said that is it. Well there were no vacancies at any hotel. Around 500 people sleeping on the floor on the Holiday Inn, so we ended up sleeping in the van in a parking lot with about dozen other cars doing the same. That was a trip I still remember and probably always will.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
My son, who is stationed in SC, called me about 2:00 to tell me it was snowing there. He thought I'd get a kick out of it and I asked him if NOW he wished he'd taken his winter coat back with him last time he was home on leave :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
We are just south of Raleigh, NC. Snow measured 7 inches on our patio table. The kids loved it. As for me, I moved out of Ohio because of this stuff. Added note: because our kids attend a year round school, that doesn't allow for snow days, their make up day is going to be this Saturday!! I wish you could have heard my son scream when he found that out. He's not thinking snow is much fun anymore. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, one of our 6 is a 4mo. dachshund who thought it was too cold and wet till the others got out there. Pretty cute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts