Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:happy: This is the first snow I've experienced in Iowa and it's really coming down although it's not sticking. It's so pretty looking across at the trees. :dance:

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Stick around and I can guarantee you'll get to see lots more!!!

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stick around and I can guarantee you'll get to see lots more!!!
I'm here for the duration and I love Iowa!! The last 10 yrs I've been living in southern states so a real winter with feet of snow is something I've dreamed about for all of those years.
I know, I'm not normal. :p

Is it snowing where you're at??

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
I missed snow when I lived in AZ. Been back in the midwest for almost 10 years. I'd just as soon go back to missing it.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Yes, light snow but so far its not sticking. I don't mind snow as long as I don't have to drive in it. Unfortunately I have a 22 mile commute to work each day on a 2-lane highway.

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
our first snow was last week (only 3 inches, but it was gorgeous) however....I LOVED returning to summer this week. now...the snow cometh.....and while I will love it until the end of Dec., after that be prepared for me moaning. A LOT! LOL enjoy your snow!!! did you get pics? :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I grew up in NC and we rarely had much snow. When we would get a few inches I remember how fun and magical it would be. Now living in Alaska I couldn't imagine living anywhere that didn't have snowy winters even after seven months of it. Our lanscape has been white for the last six weeks with a good foot and a half or so on the ground. One thing about here is once it hits the ground it's there until late April or early May.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Our first snow of the season. Monday it was in the 70's. I don't think ours will stick either, the ground is too warm. I have all of my winterizing done, so let it snow!!!:rainprf::rainprf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts