It's snowing here

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

Well we finally got the 6" of snow. after 6 weeks of hearing how it was going to snow it finally did. Now if I can get my Chihuahua to come back in the house all will be good. My daughter and wife are outside building a snowman (why aren't I out there? Look at all that snow on my jacket and hat :) They creamed me in the snowball war :haha: )

I noticed my "not so nice" neighbor took out all the mailboxes on this end of the road. After last year you'd think he would have rememberd that a 2-wheel drive just ain't gonna come up this grade. Hope he picks us out a nice new mail box. :rolleyes:

Anyone else getting snow?

Have a great day.

2. Jim East Tn

Jim East Tn Well-Known Member

keviv--we got about 6 inches this am--most of it is already gone! gotta love those late winter Smoky Mtn snows!

3. 5TR-Apiary

5TR-Apiary Active Member

We have about 6-8 inches in our area! Now it's sleeting...I sure hope this stuff gets outta here soon, I leave for southern CA, Monday....and I have a long list of things to do before I leave! The bee re-medications must be done on Sat.....I want to feritilze the orchard, also.. My dachshund doesn't like this one bit---she 'plows' the ground when she goes out!!!

4. JulieNC

JulieNC Well-Known Member

Well, we were supposed to get 6-12", but all those counties south of the Triangle stole it from us. :waa: So now all we have is a pitiful 1". Man--even my sister in Charlotte got more than that!

But, there's hope yet . . . maybe 3-6" tonight. :D

Apiary--I have a dachshund, too . . . she's a minnie, and she loves plowing. It was a little disconcerting earlier this year when she disappeared into a snow bank, and I couldn't even see her tail. She emerged with a wee bit less energy and seemed very grateful to curl up in front of the fire after her big adventure.

5. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

hmm, was warm in ohio and is suppose to be close to 60 this weekend.

6. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

It's almost 40 yet it's snowing like mad. It's a good snow, beautiful but not sticking to the roads. Even better is that I'm home and don't have to go out for the next 3 days.

7. Nancy in Maine

Nancy in Maine Well-Known Member

Oh you guys! You sound like me in December! Right now I'm so sick of seeing snow! Up north we are anxiously awaiting SPRING!!!

Sorry. Got a bit of an attitude problem right now. Enjoy the snow. It is pretty. And cozy. And cold. And monotonous. And void of color. And life. Ooops--sorry again.

I give up! I'm usually such an optimist........... :rolleyes:

8. Amelia Kay

Amelia Kay New Member

Started snowing here about 6 this morning. Huge flakes of snow the size of quarters till about 12 or so. Was snowing lightly till about 6 this evening, and then started again with huge flakes. Still snowing like crazy. Hasn't stoped all day. Its soo purty..Oh we have about 7" or so and more on the way. I just pray the lights dont go out this year like it did last year. Lovin the snow.
    Have a Goodun. Amelia Kay

9. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I decided to go out side and go off in this pretty snow that I love. And found that my truck was missing but I had A large pile of snow where it used to be. :haha:
    So I quickly decided that the movie I was going to rent will have to wait another day :waa:
    I am having a ball in the snow me and my daughter have baked and played in the snow and I can not remember having this much fun even when I was a child. :D
    Everyone who got the snow I just hope you have as much fun as me and my little family did. :D

10. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

12-16 inches here in SC. Right below Charlotte NC. Going out soon to build a snowman with the kids. HAd to dig dh's truck out this am so he could go to work. He called and said the main roads were pretty good.

11. Balancedmom2003

Balancedmom2003 Well-Known Member

Yep, enjoying this snow. It is melting here now (sandhills area of NC) but I think it is suppose to either sleet or mix of sleet/rain again tonight and then in the 40's tomorrow and 60's on Sunday. It was nice to have a few days off of work because of it. Mini vacation.

Michele

12. Barb in Ky.

Barb in Ky. Well-Known Member

I just talked to my daughter in Atlanta. She said they got a "skiff" of snow yesterday and the schools closed! She just moved there from Ky. so she really got a kick out of that. It is in the 50's here today and is supposed to be in the 60's over the weekend! Hurray, spring can't be too far away.
    All those of you up in Maine have my sympathy!

13. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member