It's Raining!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by jesducky, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jesducky

jesducky Well-Known Member

Hope this soft rain goes ALL day long! :dance: :happy: :dance:
    nina

2. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

Please send to Connecticut when your done with it!! :walk:

3. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Yes - please box some up for me!

/VM

4. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

You must be north of 70. Down here (just east of circleville) we don't have squat yet. Looks like we may get a bit though.

5. jesducky

sylvar - west and just barely south of the I-75/I-70 interchange; where once again -- there's an accident and everyone is routed onto US40....That's the downside with the rain, everyone forgets how to drive safely :bash:

viamedia/sue - I'm sending rain vibes your way. Unfortunately the rain here hasn't been steady enough to soak into the ground and help the garden much. As the front moves out of here, maybe it will pick up more moisture to drop some rain on you :clap: (we need a crossed fingers/here's hoping icon!)

6. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

Just got a little pop up storm that dropped 1/4". I'll take it. That brings my total since May to 1 3/4"

Shane

7. jesducky

Dang - that's not much rain overall; glad you got that quarter inch!!! Were you living in Ohio during the last major drought?

Have a good weekend - I'm outta here! :walk:

8. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

We got almost another half inch in a nice slow rain. Never thought I'd be excited about 3/4" of rain. Maybe the grass will perk up. Its been crispy for several weeks now. We are past yellow and into the dead brown stage.

Shane

9. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

It has rained all around me all day long. We've had severe thunderstorm warnings, too, but we didn't get a drop. :(

10. gothhick

gothhick one big gray area

this sucks. sitting there lightning and everything else and not a hint of moisture to be found... it can quit teasing us anytime now...

11. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

1 3/4"? That's all???? Wow...I think we got 3/4" yesterday morning by 8am...Unbelievable. Of course, when you live in the tropics, you expect to get wet...a lot...everyday. I wish I could ya'll this rain. It's been hanging over us for the last week. :grump:

12. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!!!!! We are currently getting the most wonderful steady rain right now. And it started almost 2 hours ago. To late for all the trees I planted this year, but the grass looks greener already.

Shane

13. suelandress

suelandress Windy Island Acres Supporter

well the thunderstorm that passed by here went so fast that the rain dried on the porch as it landed :( The sprinklers are on again :viking:

14. trixiwick

trixiwick bunny slave

And...there it goes. It's pouring right now, and I think I can hear the watermelons and corn go "ahhhhhh."

Finally! :bow:

15. jesducky

I was afraid I was going to jinx myself and I shore did. The rain didn't stay around long enough for even 1/2 an inch. Boo hiss. Glad other folks who really needed the water got some this time around. At least my yard isn't crunchy.

On Monday, saw some corn/bean fields in OH that reminded me of the drought (was that in '88?) The corn looked especially terrible :(

16. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, it finally started raining here last night, and it's been a good, steady rain ever since. :rock:

Now, if I complain, I'm sinning, BUT...

We planned to go camping this weekend. And rain is forecast through it all. :bash:

Again, I'm not complaining. We're still going. If we changed our plans, the rain would stop, and we'd be letting a lot of people down! :stars:

Pony!