Its raining slightly right now

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 2, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    And expected to get cold soon. Cold here is described as maybe 50 or less, 40's is exceptionally cold, 30's are almost unheard of. Maybe a freeze will happen this year, I do not know.

But then again I am about 100 miles higher north than I was last winter. It could be a worse situtation here. Zone 9 rather that 10a. Which federal employ put that letter next to each zone number? I own a new piece of rope.

Got my heating plan together for this screened porch, a coleman camping stove and propane I paid for many months back, l got my electric heater snatched by a local person whom feared static from the landlord whom pays for the electric.

I really dislike that word association, 'Lord' should not apply to any other than a Deity. What are your thought on this? Land (and structure owners are not lords), why should they have this coveted title?

(Attention Shift).

Its hard to believe a new year is just 30 or so days away, where did the last one go? It was one of mine. Apparently I did not respect it enough for it to bring me any joy. Got to work on that, very soon.

Its approaching sausage-biscuit-gravy time, do I have enough gas in the van? I am on the 3 gallon reserve in the back tank (the one that does not send the signal to the gauge), the front tank is very close to empty. Empty, abbreviated by the letters 'M' 'T' in the bottled gases world, usually scrawed with a soap stone on the tank, aka known as a bottle. "Soap stone:, a mineral item cut into slim pieces that feel like soap contacting skin and are used to write or draw on metals".

Hey! Maybe this does not make a lot of sense, but at least you had something to read this morning...

2. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

It's cold here this morning, but we didn't get the snow we thought we were going to have. Biscuits and gravy sound good. I could have had some yesterday but turned them down and just had toast :rolleyes: Have a full tank of gas. Filled her up for 21 dollars yesterday.

3. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

In the 30's here this morning....yesterday it was hot....mid 70's. Gravy biscuits do sound good but dh is in the kitchen making breakfast so I'll take what comes and not complain....this is a rare treat. As long as its not turkey bacon! I'm not eating that stuff in any way, shape, or form. I still haven't figured out how he can stomach that nasty stuff. Give me real bacon!

4. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Moo- after being deluged with good wishes from our vitrual community after youe hospitalization, no hurricanes, and with FL GAL by your side, how can you not feel it was a good year?
    Maybe it wasn't we ordered. But we coulda received a lot worse :shrug: