It's our turn

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Speciallady, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

What do you want for Christmas?

I want a new bible. One with a concordance in it. A sewing machine, new cookware, and a new pair of tennis shoes.

2. pumpkinlady

pumpkinlady Well-Known Member

I am asking for a new camera, I am eyeing up a canon rebel xt.

Oh, I am trying to send you a message and your box is full....

3. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I fail to see a relationship with the anniversary of a Messiah's (incorrect, based on an old European pagan holiday) birthday date and gift giving to humans. Sorry, just a realist here.

I expect nothing, am seeking nothing, expecting to issue nothing. Hearing a different drummer? No, deaf to this world.....

4. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

I want everyone who looks forward to Christmas, to have a day of happiness no matter what material things Santa leaves under their tree :)

Mitch, it's one thing to not believe, it's quite another to insist on sharing with others your opposite thoughts :(

Hugs
    marlene

5. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Speciallady you can get me a Precussion Kentucky Long Rifle,50Cal. :shrug: Hey you asked!

big rockpile

6. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

I already know what husband is getting me....I picked it out! It's the cutest little baby angora bunny! Can't wait to meet her!

7. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Since I do most of the cooking, I told my wife I wanted a new Lodge pre-seasoned 12" skillet. About 16 bucks at WM. That's all. But I'm sure my son will go all out; he usually does for me.

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to have a quiet, restful day. We're going to be spending it with our other "Misfit Toys" friends, and it will be lovely. A shared meal, a few games, I'm bringing my guitar (yes, I simply MUST practice) so we can sing some songs.

I've decided to have a very good attitude about it. Of course, I often have to adjust that attitude many times a day, but I'm working on it.

I watched "Hardrock, Coco, and Joe" and "Suzy Snowflake" last night. Had myself a real good cry, too.

I feel much better today. Now I'm even planning to go help decorate at our church building on Saturday. How's THAT for a shift in attitude?

(And Mitch, does it matter so much WHEN we celebrate, as long as we commemorate the greatest Gift ever?)

Pony!

9. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

I want an incubator and some new pots....already told dh and the kids about both. Dh and I both picked out new coats for us already.

10. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

A whistling teapot, because I just burned up my non-whistling one.

I would like a grain mill, but just because dh just bought me 50 pounds of wheat & it would be easier to use ground. :D

11. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have asked for the money to get my hair highlighted. That is something I have never done and would like a lot. My son noticed that I don't have a pin cushion and asked if I would like one for Christmas, I said yes. I would most like, though, to be completely out of debt.

12. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

Id like to get the book shelves built in the library, the house spotless, and the new floors poured in the master bath,girls room and toyroom (polyurathane gym type ) The best gift I will recieve is the smile on the girls faces when they open their presents .
    Though a beacon press would be nice as well as a new skillet.

13. giraffe_baby

giraffe_baby Well-Known Member Supporter

I would like some more chickens, and I would like the paint for my bedroom and possibly get my bathroom redone. BUT i probably wont get anyof them :( But seeing my kids faces on christmas morning is worth it all

14. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

DH asked me last night what I wanted. Couldn't think of anything then, but now, I think I'll ask for acouple more goats. A breeding pair. I need a buck, and I'd like to have a good quality doe--registered. Not sure if I want a milking one or a boar. I have a nubian/alpine cross, but I can sell boar kids to the local 4-Hers...

Of course, then, I'll have to ask for a real goat barn, with a room with electricity, or some kind of lights. And a door, to shut them in at night. And then...

15. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

A new dishwaher. We bought this house with, I think the original 1800 model. I work 6 days a week, have a passel of kids and need a good one REALLY bad. After fixing 2 chimneys and installing 2 new flues, this is a luxury for us!

16. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

I have absolutely nothing in the world that I want. The only thing I can think of is to finally MOVE TO THE HOMESTEAD instead of living in this subdivision any longer.

But I guess having the electricity put in first would help, especially in 25 degree weather.

donsgal

17. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

All I want is one Christmas Day where the whole family is all together and NOBODY has an evil word to say about me to my kids. (Won' get it, but that's what I want).

And a new book.

18. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

Im not an avid bible reader so correct me if Im wrong, but werent there 3 wisemen who brought gifts when jesus was born? I always thoguht that was what christmas was all about.

19. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to have a great time with my family during the holidays.

20. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

when my wife asks me what I want I tell her to spend th emoney on the kids. I buy what I want, or trade for it through out the year.