Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emily is spoiled rotten. :p

She's the little goat that broke her leg last week. I decided to bring her out to browse in the front yard for a bit this afternoon. You know all you people who bend branches down so their goats can reach? Emily gets picked up so she can nibble the birch and maple leaves!

Actually, what she mostly wanted to eat was the chicory - makes me wonder if there's something in chicory that she particularly needs right now. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!! How sweet that is. She needs the extra luvin right now. You are the best. I'm sure she will heal very quickly now with all that attention.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, today it was crab grass, forsythia and high-bush cranberry, with a side of burdock, chicory and hollyhocks! (Doesn't say much for our lawn, does it? :p )

She can get around pretty darned good on three legs! I was sitting in the swing watching her and she jumped up in my lap, nibbled a few maple leaves, then got down again on her own. The swelling above her hoof has gone down quite a bit. She's not putting any weight on it, although she'll rest the toe when she's grazing. I had the bandage off yesterday, and everything looks healthy underneath.

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
LOL, I remember Gracie when she was busted up and in the house, I used to rock her every night with her last bottle. I am not sure which one of us found that harder to give up... I am so glad that Emily is doing well. Love heals.

·
stranger than fiction
3,093 Posts
You know all you people who bend branches down so their goats can reach? Emily gets picked up so she can nibble the birch and maple leaves!
Good thing she's not your horse! LOL Glad to hear she's still recovering though, she's definitely in good hands.
I remember Gracie when she was busted up and in the house, I used to rock her every night with her last bottle.
Oh man, that is just too much! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts