It's offically winter-found a mouse!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Ardie/WI, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I spotted the little bugger last night-fortunately dead. We're very used to this with living in an old farmhouse in the country! We also know that if there is one mouse, there are more. We hear them in the walls too.

Getting out the peanut butter and mouse traps this afternoon.

2. janandkenny

janandkenny Well-Known Member

Goodness Ardie! This year we are being overrun by the little stinkers... the mousetraps are out, the peanut butter is on, and we are catching at least two each night...and some of them were bigger than mice should be... yuck.

3. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

We live in a New House (5 years old) but in a woods.

The little buggers are commom place around here.

But this year we've caught 2 RATS in the attached garage :help:

4. hengal

hengal Well-Known Member

Well because of the rain we've had, the farmers have just in the last week gotten the corn down out of the fields that surround our house. I asked DH "Should we walk out on the back patio and hold up the "WELCOME" sign for the mice???" LOL :rolleyes: You can mark their arrival each year like clockwork! The cats have been doing a pretty good job outside, found a few dead already. Didn't take long to hear them running around up in the attic either. DH put some poison packets up there. (attic area is not used).
    The only problem I have with them is when Sally, our wonderful blue tabby was ready to come in the other morning and got half way up the back stairs before I noticed a furry white belly sticking out of her mouth. :eek:
    Live play toys are not welcomed in the house! Silly kitty. :rolleyes:

5. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

When the crops start coming out of the fields around here they all come a runnin' for the house. We think we've got em all, and SURPRISE!! They leave us a little housewarming gift so we know they were here! :help: