It's me again

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fedup, Jan 5, 2005.

1. fedup

fedup New Member

OK, I really love this board, but this is my last time visiting because of constant log in problems. I am momofeight, jejabean...and now I'm just fedup!!!!

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

fedup
    don't ever log out.
    just leave the site, and if you use the same computer - you'll still be logged in when you come back.

might that work? also, have you consulted with the computer forum and Chuck.

must be very annoying.

AngieM2

3. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I agree with Angie. I've never logged out.

4. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

fedup... I aggree with AngieM2. If you use the same computer every day, don't log out. I come to the site almost every day & I stay logged on. If I'm gone for a few days it's OK. Don't give up! :)

5. DayBird

DayBird Big Bird

I, too, have never logged out. I rarely have any problems.

6. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

I, too, have log in problems. No matter what I do I can't seem to stay logged in, even after following all of the tips in the administration section.

I finally had to switch browers and go from Netscape to that cussed I. E. It gives more pop ups, more spyware, etc., but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

7. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

If I open a new window for another program, it will take over the HT, but when I'm through, if I remember to puch the green & white left arrow "Back" icon instead of the "X" to exit that program, the HT forum reappears.

8. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

I understand your posision all too well.

Since thse vBulletin boards offer an easy advertising revinue to web site operators, they are becoming more & more & more.

However, they are _the_ most unstable user software anywhere on the web. Just aweful.

As we complain to the web site administrators, we keep being told that's just how it is, be sure to always upgrade to the latest software, yadda yadda yadda.....

No. The customer is right.....

These things keep adding so many bells & whistles - the animated icons which I notice hang up when they are over-taxed. The cookies to track what you are doing. The incompatablities with popular browsers. I try to access 3 different setups of this software, from a newish XP computer, and oldish W95 computer, and a mid-aged Mac system. The bugs & inompatibilities of these vBulliten systems really shows through with that combination. The key word of the name appears to be bull.

We need to keep on the web site administrators to keep after the software writers to make _useable_ software, not a marketer's dream package that doesn't work with _anything_ any more.....

It's the content we add to these sites that makes them viable, not the bells & whistles & grabage the greatest & latest incompatable upgrade from the software company.....

I kinda shy away from any new web forums when I see it uses this software. Just not worth the time it takes to try to make it work. Each installation has it's failures, and they are pretty bad. Unless you have access to a lot of different software combinations, you never really will see that, & you will not be able to access the web site to complain or ask about it - so the web site owners don't really know the extent of the problem.

My soap box.

--->Paul