It's lonely at our house

Discussion in 'Goats' started by shelljo, Nov 8, 2005.

1. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

Two of our girls are off being bred, and I took the other 3 to the salebarn yesterday. I'm fine with selling stock we don't have room for and don't need, but when I went to pick up my check, well, two of the 3 were in a stock trailer outside the barn, and seeing me, they started talking. Really felt odd. These are MY girls, I raised them, why are they going somewhere else? Really, I feel OK with this, I just feel...odd.

The girls are nubian-boar x's and are going to be bred for meat animals. (I know who bought them, new owner lives about 100 miles away.)

I still feel...odd.

2. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I know what you mean! We took a horse to the sales barn, and I really felt strange leaving him there. You can't explain to them why you're doing this.

Wow, it must be quiet around your place.

3. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

It is so quiet and lonely. Only chores to do this morning was to let the chickens out. But, our other girls should be home within the month, so then, it will feel normal again!

4. TheNelsons

TheNelsons Working towards our goals

I am sorry to hear this, I have not had to do it yet, but I am sure I will cry when it is my turn... **Hugs**