Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going on and on (somewhat ;)) here about stuffing/dressing...my favorite part of the meal. guess what happened?

We had TG at DH's aunt and uncles house, the meal was lovely as usual, but there was NO STUFFING.

I didn't say anything as I didn't want to hurt aunties feelings, but I couldn't understand why she didn't make any :shrug:

Well, dinner was eaten, dessert was just getting wrapped up, and aunt C came over to the table from the kitchen carrying a huge bowl and looking very dejected...carrying a big bowl of stuffing!!

She had popped it in the oven before dinner to keep warm and forgotten to serve it!!

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
oh how horrible.... the stuffing is always my favorite part....

someone would have said something had it not been out....

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Stuffing is a so...so side dish for me. Kinda like turkey!

I've always been one to explore past traditional meals, one TG we had prime rib. I really enjoy eating good things, and big yard carp, just aren't all that great. This year my niece cooked, and we had brisket! Carrying on a family tradition? lol!

One thing we always have though, is sweet potatoes, TG and Christmas. It just ain't good without those! Mom, my brother and I were the only ones to partake of them, which was cool with me.

OMG... I think I might have foundered yesterday! :)

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
well....I happen to LOVE eating stuffing cold, straight from the fridge the next day. hope you have some to enjoy today??? poor aunt C! she must have felt awful about it.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
That will teach you to gently probe your Aunt next time "ummm, did you hide the dressing somewhere, or decide to boycott it this year?" LOL.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I did that one time, only it wasn't stuffing, but Broccoli,rice & cheese casserole. Everyone missed it but didn't say anything and by the time I remembered it, it was ruined. I had it in the oven on low to keep warm and didn't remember it until 4 hours later!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Thanksgiving wasn't so much fun for me this year. I spent Thanksgiving with my Sister in law and her family. No turkey, gravy or stuffing. I missed not having my turkey and stuffing and gravy sandwich last evening. I missed my two daughters and my Grandbabies. Christmas is going to be different. I insist on it. Everyone at my house even if its not baby proof yet.
Linda

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
I'm sorry you didn't get your stuffing. I volunteered to work at the hospital yesterday, and they usually put out a halfway decent meal for staff. We were so busy on my unit that by the time I could get to the cafeteria there was nothing left......... I ate enough cookies to fill me up, but it wasn't the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a really tough Thanksgiving this year but at least I did get to have my husband's dressing.It's not Thanksgiving dinner without the dressing.I have half a pan left I'm trying to savor instead of devour.

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
well....I happen to LOVE eating stuffing cold, straight from the fridge the next day. hope you have some to enjoy today??? poor aunt C! she must have felt awful about it.
Guilty here too.:D

This morning I ate the rest of the stuffing....cold....out of the refrigerator.

YUM!!!:banana02:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts