Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Try Me
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started thinking about cooler weather. :p I know it's early, but are you hoping for/ expecting a hard winter this year? A typical winter? a mild one?

I'm not quite sure myself. I've only lived here for about 4 yrs. The first few we had really mild winters with hot temps starting in springtime. Last summer was a scorcher with a mild first half of winter and a gnarly last half that wanted to keep it's hold. After the late frost, spring started great, with springlike temps (rather than summer like). We had a good amount of rain at first. Now the temps are soaring and rain is nill to none. SO I am almost expecting a hard winter (at least for us in this part of the woods). Just because it seems to be a year of extremes.
I'm hoping summer doesn't try to make up for the "snow days" we had earlier in the year. I'm anxiously awaiting fall and it's cool crisp air. I want a cold winter, but not a dangerous one.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to Missouri. Don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes and it will change. It is horridly hot here right now. But relief is in sight!! At least that is what the TV liars...I mean weathermen are saying.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
It was 96 here today, but the humidity makes it seem hotter. I turned the hose on mist for my animals, just hung it up so they could get some relief...I would hate to wear a fur coat in this weather. They forecast one more day of hot weather, then we are supposed to have heavy rains coming in from the gulf's storm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.