Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
A servant
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It hit 104 today in the shade and and the heat index was 114 today. and we are 17" behind normal in rainfall this year and getting worse. But I know the Lord will take care of us. what ever happens.We have see .25 of a inch this month in rain and have had 11 day above 100 and 20 out of 22 Days have been above 95 this month!

SO how was your weather today?

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
We are on the way for setting a record for the month of August--the highest temp. and the least rain--of all recorded time! :Bawling: But today it rained for the first time in almost 6weeks and it was only 102* @ 2pm!

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
I am with you on that Redd Hott Farmer..I am in West Central Ga. and installed a misting system in the barn for my horses so they could be cool.

I am about so done with this heat and humidity..looks like we "might" cool down to the lower 90's over the weekend..but have rain too, so there is that humidity factor again..

I need the rain, I have had one 20 minute shower this month..nothing in the last ten days. It will cloud and "almost" rain, but it bypasses this area.

we need rain very badly and some relief from the days on end of 100 plus degrees - yesterday it said at 7:00 pm - 100 degrees, feels like 102..

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
I feel bad for you guys in the hot weather we have had 39 + 40 degrees every moring this week, bet it hasnt gotten above 70 all week, even thought of starting wood stove the other night,,Rob said just give him a blanket and dont start stove, Over cast and rainy looking today cool for us, We were in log truck earlier this week and we notice how many trees are already changing colors,, not a good sign, we dont usually get alot of color change til September when the leaf peepers start coming up here to the mountans. So to all you who need cool weather i will swap with you , you give me 20 degrees and i will send you 20 degrees cooler weather

·
Premium Member
33,130 Posts
All summer it has been hot here, temps are still above 90 F during the day. The fan in the shed is running non-stop and I am soaked with sweat just getting the mail. Humidity is near 90%. ICK!!!

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Well the temp is only 76 at 10:00 this morning but heat index is already 90. Supposed to get to 97 today with heat index 106. Hope the rabbits do okay, and the chickens.

Rainfall is like someone else mentioned. WAY below normal. We get lots of humidity, big cloud cover, then it just passes us by. The air is soaking wet and the dirt is cracked or dusty.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm in the steaming-hot GA crowd. IT's too hot to even go swimming! The kids and I miss playing outside...the heat has just dragged on for too long! The first couple days we went out anyway, came in and took cool showers or laid under the fan. Now, we go out to care for the animals, and that is it!

By the way, WIHH...our leaves are falling too, but I think it's because of the drought! Everything is turning yellow/brown and withering up and falling.

Rachael

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm in Northeastern KY and its suppose to get to 100 degrees today with a heat index of 110. Come on Fall weather!! Everything is drying up, even the grass sounds crunchy when you walk on it. I feel bad for anyone who has to work outside in this heat, especially my DH who is a cable installer and often times has to go up in attics. I tell him to take it easy and if he feels himself getting to hot to come down out of there and cool off. He told me company policy is not to spend more than 10 mins at a time in a attic when its this hot.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
We are very hot here. The temp was 109 at 3:30 yesterday. Wonder what the heat index would have been. Suppose to be 104 today. We just stay in with the air on. Not a lot happening here. Praise God for Air conditioning.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
They say Atlanta will only make 99 today, which is three degrees cooler than yesterday. I just got back from walking a few blocks to grab lunch, and it wasn't too bad. We're way behind on rain fall. I hope the Fall and Winter don't bring a continuance of the drought...or else we're in big trouble.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Went to town today and there were leaves on the road. Breeze blowing and the trees are losing leaves, not from change of climate, they are dying! I paid attention on into town and trees all over are turning brown, everyones' fields look like ours, dead grass. Got a 1/2 inch of rain three days ago and that is all we've had in over a month. Daytime highs have been in the hundreds, today it is 99.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.