It's gonna be a White Christmas

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by DenverGirlie, Dec 20, 2006.

1. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a White Christmas here in Colorado. We are getting a blizzard today!

The last big blizzard was March of 2003, 5 feet in city center - 8- 12+ FEET in the foothills and mountains.

The forecasters are calling for up to 2 feet in city center, I don't think it will get that bad but..... Airport is already having troubles. Traffic is apparently a mess.

I don't have to go anywhere today and sent my pickup truck with BF to work this morning instead of his car.

This morning at 5:10am - no nothing, no snow
    He was out the door at 5:30am - we have snow... and it's not to stop until tomorrow..

KS, NE and SD are also picking up on this system right now and it's moving that way, but very S L O W L Y.

Unfortunatley we are in the city center still. Rental house, so no fire place, no wood stove, no back up heat. We lost power with the blizzard in 2003... I remember taking all the things out of the fridge and burying it in the snow in the back yard. Saved all the food, and just bundled up.

It's gonna be a mess out there for those that have to leave the house, I am happy to stay home, just hope that the power holds.

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Enjoy the white Christmas aspect of it for me, please. I remember a few between 1977 and 1984 when I lived in Denver and Littleton...

Sounds as if you have it figured out and are ready to stay put.

Merry Christmas,

Angie

3. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

We're staying put in New Mexico as well! :) (how RARE are snow days here? VERY!!)

:dance:

4. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

enjoy....we're still way too warm here.

5. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Just finihsed shoveling the front walk, I'm done for the day! We are down to flurries now, but have 25+ inches out front.

Front of house

[​IMG]

Back door - mind you that there are three steps down to ground level, much less the snow up the door.

[​IMG]

The tree

[​IMG]

6. Aintlifegrand

Aintlifegrand Well-Known Member

Beautiful pics. I used to love the snow when I live in Alaska, but I don't know if I could live with it now...but I so love looking at the pictures. Stay warm and safe. Merry WHITE Christmas

7. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter