Its getting worse!!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by quailkeeper, Oct 14, 2005.

1. quailkeeper

quailkeeper Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago I posted about an apple tree that is blooming out of season. I now have two pear trees that are putting buds out. Is there any way to stop this? This same apple tree bloomed last fall and did not bloom this spring. I am afraid that neither one of these will bloom in the spring and there is no way they will develop fruit this fall. I live in Arkansas and our frosts should start in a few weeks. This was the second time blooming for the apple and a first time blooming for both pears. I am so dissapointed!!

2. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

sometimes, trees and plants will bloom just before they die. kind of a last ditch effort to reproduce before giving up the ghost.

3. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Try hitting the blossoms with a very hard stream of water to knock off the blossoms. Maybe that would stop the cycle help to get it back on "track". There is something in the stores that is for making the blossoms fall off but probably isn't available this time of year.