ITS A >>>>

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mberryrfd, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mberryrfd

mberryrfd Well-Known Member

Well this morning we had a little 100% boer Buckling.
    I will post pics later now to decided if we wether him and put in our freezer.
    or someoneelses.Or keep him intack.
    Looks to be about 7lbs
    dontknow if you would call him a paint or not he does have coloring on both legs on his right side.His father is a paint took 2cnd at the NM state fair last year.
    It appears that a lot of folks around here are holding on to everything they are raising.You find very few for sale I am told that this is due to high demand in our area.There is normally a annual meat goat sale that was cancelled this year due to only 4 goats to sale.I made a few phone calls and was told that everyone is hanging on to what they had and not selling.

2. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Just my opinion: only keep him a buck if he is the absolute cream of the crop; I've been waiting almost a year for a buckling out of a buck that has been ennobled. His owner is so fastidious she only keeps the ones that are REALLY REALLY exceptional animals... it keeps the breed closer to its standard and keeps her buyers happy. I JUST this week found out that she has a buck for me...yippee, I get to pick him up in July.

3. mberryrfd

mberryrfd Well-Known Member

Well I do agree to a point.
    when you wether at 2-3 weeks old it is kinda hard to tell what they are going to turn into.Now I know that there are some that are going to say you can tellbut can you reALLY. that is still kinda young and a rapidly changing animal

4. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

CONGRATS on the baby! GOod Luck with him. Good Luck with your little guy too Jcran! Hope he does ya justice. Bye.