Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daughter called very excited a couple hours ago. Her ultrasound went great...it is 100 PERCENT definitely a boy! She saw him turn a somersault, stand on her bladder and try to put his thumb in his mouth. LOL...she keeps calling to tell me things she forgot.

They want to do another ultrasound in four weeks because the baby wouldn't be still enough for them to get a good picture of his spine.

Daughter has gained 3 lbs. since her last appointment (still eight pounds short of what she weighed when she got pregnant) and they think she is 21 weeks, not 20 weeks. SIL is excited about that...his birthday is Nov. 19 and he would love to have his son born on his birthday.

Now I have to take back those sweet little dresses I bought and start buying blue stuff! Hubby is already making a list of things he wants to get...a little baseball glove, a treehouse, etc.

:dance:

·
Registered
578 Posts
How exciting!! Sounds like mother and baby are both doing well. Congratulations!

**Side note: Went to a friend's baby shower last weekend...she's due Sept. 6th. I could not believe how clear the ultrasound picture was. It wasn't her having to point to some blurry area and trying to convince us and herself that that's the baby. It was a really clear picture of her little boy. Too cool.

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
way kewl! keep ya in our thoughts. baby would not sit still? thats a good sign!

·
proud to be pro-choice
2,692 Posts
Congrats and hoping the tech didn't mistake the umbilical cord for another anatomical part of the body! At least there wasn't a foot in the mouth sucking on toes which gave my ultrasound tech a hard time. Even with the body parts labeled on the picture, I was hard pressed to say yeah, looks like a foot to me.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, daughter said baby wasn't shy at all and spread his legs so they could get a good look!!!

LOL...I told her the baby was standing on her bladder because it made such a good trampoline.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They can't agree on a boy name, so no name yet. Here's his picture from today (I won't post the one that makes it quite obvious he is definitely a boy!):

Mom-to-be:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Congratulations. Grandsons are so sweet. Of course granddaughters are too.

I love the pictures and your daughter is beautiful. And so is your grandson!

We attended a baby shower Saturday night for my youngest nephew and his wife. They are expecting a boy in August. All the gifts were for a little boy. I made the comment that I hope they didn't get a surprise. My neice told me that if had seen the picture from the sonogram that I would know that "he is definitely a boy." LOL
They have the name Cooper Reid picked out for their baby.

Again congratulations.

southrngardngal-Jan

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, SIL likes the name "Desmond" and daughter likes "Connor". Not sure about middle names. SIL's middle name is "Gregory". SIL doesn't want anything popular as his name is "Jason" and he said there were always several kids with the same name in his classes at school.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts