Its a big nut

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, May 30, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Its located on the right front spindle of a 1989 Chevy 2500 4WD pickup. I have to replace a lug tomorrow and need to purchase a socket for it today, anybody know what size it is? Looks like about 1 1/2 inch.

2. charles

charles Well-Known Member

For an infrequent use I'd go to Autozone (I've seen them in Florida) and borrow the correct socket. Or another parts store.

3. danielbrown

danielbrown Active Member

Auto zone has that loan-a-tool program. You leave a deposit and you get it back when you bring the tool back.

4. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I intend to purchase the socket because it will make my collection of tools more versitle, still need to know the size. I have everything you can imagine in standard, metric, impact, 6 point, 12 point, deep well, torx, allen, even whitworth (for when I get around to collecting RRs!). But my sizes stop at 1 1/4 inch. This includes 1/4, 3/8ths, and half inch, 34 extensions, 6 rachet, 2 torques units, 3/8ths, and 1/2 air drive. Needless to say is I am a tool freak!??

5. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..................Moo , I just measured my spindle nut socket and it's an even....2 inch that requires a 1/2 inch drive......fordy... :eek: :)