Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its located on the right front spindle of a 1989 Chevy 2500 4WD pickup. I have to replace a lug tomorrow and need to purchase a socket for it today, anybody know what size it is? Looks like about 1 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
moopups said:
Its located on the right front spindle of a 1989 Chevy 2500 4WD pickup. I have to replace a lug tomorrow and need to purchase a socket for it today, anybody know what size it is? Looks like about 1 1/2 inch.

For an infrequent use I'd go to Autozone (I've seen them in Florida) and borrow the correct socket. Or another parts store.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I intend to purchase the socket because it will make my collection of tools more versitle, still need to know the size. I have everything you can imagine in standard, metric, impact, 6 point, 12 point, deep well, torx, allen, even whitworth (for when I get around to collecting RRs!). But my sizes stop at 1 1/4 inch. This includes 1/4, 3/8ths, and half inch, 34 extensions, 6 rachet, 2 torques units, 3/8ths, and 1/2 air drive. Needless to say is I am a tool freak!??

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
..................Moo , I just measured my spindle nut socket and it's an even....2 inch that requires a 1/2 inch drive......fordy... :eek: :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts