Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we're under a tornado watch. Strange weather we are having.

We are still without heat. Our oil tank was leaking so we had it pumped out. The place we get our oil from is supposed to bring us a new tank. They said this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Well, I'm guessing it won't be today with the rain we're having. It's 65 in the house. Not as bad as it could be I guess. I am not complaining about the rain either as we really need it.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I just now saw this. We had the same kind of weather here, very cool in the 50s with a tornado watch, and we actually had rain and a short hail storm! Then back up in the 80s again today.

A couple of days before that, they predicted the overnight low in the upper 50s, and it got down to 40! I never know what to expect from one day to the next lately, and Oklahoma weather is usually pretty predictable, lol.

Hope they get your tank in before it gets too cool! :)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it in this morning. I need to let the oil settle so I won't turn it on until tonight. I am going to work outside all day so I won't need it anyway. It is a gorgeous day today. Not a cloud in the sky!

·
Wasza polska matka
6,912 Posts
glad everything is ok. we had to let our oil tanks run dry, then have them removed and got one installed. Cost me $1750. Tank of oil (275 gallons) $806. Its been an expensive month. I dont plan to turn the oil on unless we really have to. We have a wood burner and a fujitsu mini split. You would be surprised to see how we get along with that combination. The fujitsu has eliminated the need for the oil for all but the coldest months. The oil we had run dry took us 2 years to do burn through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts