It won't snow in NJ this year!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by RandB, Nov 29, 2003.

1. RandB

RandB Well-Known Member

I think we have now guaranteed it - DH splurged and bought a snow-thrower. He just had 64th B-day and says he is too old to do all the shoveling like we had to do last year around here. It's not so much just the driveway, but we had to make paths to all the outbuildings, shovel out the chicken yard, make paths to walk the dogs, etc. When we got the big, over-20 inch snow, it took 2 days to get it all done. Got a nice 5-horse 2-stage snow machine. Hope it doesn't turn out to be an expensive lawn ornament ! :no:

2. gee we thought so too! got another skidoo and just bought a 8foot snow blower for the big tractor!!! usually just the skidoo would work but got a real deal on the blower. did get some snow yesterday but not much!!! friend bouht a brand new snowmobile last year and the snow all went away.even if it does not snow this year there will be snow in other years !!

3. I think there's a corolary to Murphy's law that may cause it to snow heavily in NJ anyway. You have to take into account how many snowblowers the dealers bought this year. If they've bought more than usual, the chances of a heavy snow diminish. If they don't have many, then the chance goes up.

To fine tune the prediction, you might have to factor in the trailer loads of snow shovels bought, salt and cinders stockpiled by the highway department, the number of folks going to Florida, etc. The prediction business is a complicated affair.

4. beelady

beelady Member

I splurged and bought one too. I agree with you because I bought one, it'll never snow in NJ again. When I get tired of waiting for the snow and sell it, we'll get snow again. That's my Murphy's Law.