Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with S and her friend yesterday around noon...... I took DH with me.... I was so nervous and excited.....

We cried and hugged for what seemed like a VERY long time..... laughed and cried some more....

Went to lunch and talked for a bit, and then made the decision that we didn't want to waste time walking around the mall, but wanted to go back to our house so she could see my children!! :)

We spent three hours here at my house..... we started talking and I wanted to go see her kids as well.....

Ended up that I packed up all four children and we drove up to her house, played at the coolest park I have been to for three hours while we talked, and SPENT THE NITE!! We had pizza for dinner (my dh stayed home sleeping, her dh was at work) and watched HP movies..... the kids (5 out of 6) went to bed around 12:30 am..... exhausted after all that playing.....

She and I sat up until 7 am this morning (ds19 stayed up as well) and we just talked and talked and talked..... have 10 years to fully catch up on!!

we went to bed at 7 am and I was up at 8 with my dd4 - --- we were gone by 9:30 (everyone else was still in bed) S was up at 9 am and said goodbye.... I even got to see her DH when he came home from work at 3 am this morning!!

Driving home this morning, it felt like a dream..... it was surreal..... AND WONDERFUL..... and there will be many more visits like this.....

Next time its her turn with her kids to come to our HOUSE!!! :) YIPPEE!! I am thrilled!!!

Poor DH is sick and looks like he lost his best friend when I walked in.... needs his nurse..... ITS NAP TIME AFTER LUNCH!! I need one! :)

·
Premium Member
18,017 Posts
I guess that I have no idea what you're talking....I mean, writing ....about.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
That's wonderful! I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad you found her after all these years. God really is good!!

·
Premium Member
18,017 Posts
BAmaBubba said:
That's wonderful! I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad you found her after all these years. God really is good!!
Found who? Found "S"? Who is "S"? I'm lost.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I checked all posts by TxTami and found she has been reunited with her long lost ex-SIL and best ever friend. Great! We can all use a little sunshine in our lives! What did y'all think about each other's daughters? Could you see a younger version of each other in them? What did she say about your ex and the evil in-laws?

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Evil in laws have spent the last ten years wallowing around in their "filth" they have created - reaping what they have sown for the last 30 years.... Still trying to create as much "trauma" in everyone's lives as they can but getting away with nearly none and are lonely and miserable of their own accord!! (Karma is a wonderful thing!) Sadly however, her sister (the one who could never seem to get things together) hasn't changed and her life is a walking time bomb.... I encouraged her to help her sister seek some counseling but I'm afraid its too late for her... she is very mentally ill and refuses to admit there is any problems on her part... S is very aware of the toxicity of their relationship and does not allow it to infiltrate HER family... Hallelujah!

We are truly EQUALS in the "living life" department..... After much in depth discussion, it was discovered that our lives mirrored each other so much in the last 10 years its almost scary..... and we definitely can learn from that!!! :)

Her two children were gorgeous! And she fell in love with mine again immediately..... my older DSs both knew her from 10 years ago... but our younger two dd's and her two children hadn't "personally" known the other other than the stories we have shared with them.... but when the time came, we all just blended together like we had been together forever, no shyness, no uncomfortable silence.... Her dd came over and sat next to me and snuggled up on the couch almost immediately upon arriving at home, my DD4 just loved her new "aunt" and couldn't get enough of the hugs and kisses and giggles!! Our girls hit it off immediately and were inseparable from the minute they were introduced.... her oldest-17 yo stepson (wasn't raised by them but is now living with them) wasn't quite as thrilled and bailed very early to go stay at a friends house---- he's got his own issues but I am positive that things will improve as he gets used to being here (sent here in May by his bio mother who got tired of dealing with his teenage antics) He'll either shape up or ship out.... plain and simple....

We couldn't believe how much our parenting skills are alike.... down to the littlest phrases.... funny to listen to DS19 when he was talking to her and comparing some of his experiences to that of her 17 yo's "issues".... He would say in the rather shocked tone "THATS EXACTLY WHAT MY MOM TOLD ME WHEN THAT I TRIED THAT or DID THAT" or "Thats how my mom handled it too!!"

Two peas in a pod..... I don't exactly know what God's plan is for us, or the reason HE brought the two of us together again.... but I am so very thankful the this wonderful opportunity to be part of her life again... and for her to be part of my life again!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts