Isn't life fun?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Cheryl in SD, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

We are talking to a realtor about selling our house. The only day she has free to come take a look is TOMORROW. I explained, gently that I am fall cleaning and sorting through the classroom for school. She said, "You homeschool? How wonderful!" I said that the house is a mess. She cooed, "Oh, I understand, it will be fine." I insisted that things are REALLY, REALLY bad. She laughed, "It will be fine, I will just look around it."

Ok, she HAS known me for years (helped us buy this place), but is she prepared for THIS?????

[​IMG]

The stuff FROM the school room.

[​IMG]

The room where it all has to fit.

Back to plugging along.

2. Cheryl in SD

Oops, I meant to post this in CF. Sorry. Hmmmm, I COULD come up with a homesteading question to make it relevant. How about??

Does anyone have any ideas for more shelf space or how to enlarge this room in just under 23 hours and for less than $20?

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Where's the problem? I know someone dear to me whos whole house looks like that perpetualy.

4. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Baskets and boxes.

Seriously.

I have a friend who did her housework that way for years! She'd just stash things into baskets and boxes. She never did get around to emptying them, though... Wound up buying a lot of stuff because she could not remember in which box she'd stuffed it!

But if you're going to move anyway, you might as well start boxing things up now. And if you do use boxes for the school room, just label them and you're good to go!

Pony!

5. Melissa

Melissa member

I can send it to CF for you, or copy it there.

6. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Actually, as long as it's only the realtor who sees it that way, it shouldn't be a problem. You may have to hustle, though, to get it back in order before potential purchasers start coming to look at the house!

Kathleen

7. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

I just helped 2 friends move yesterday. They were married a year or so ago, & brought both housefuls into the marraige. We took a little over 20 pickup loads from the house/ garage/ big garage to the new house/ triple garage. I'm so sore I haven't done much today. They will need to figure out where to go with it all. We had to move stuff to leave the house through the garage - and the snow blower didn't fit inside. They still have 'a lot of boxes' in her parent's & brother's basements.

It went pretty good, and they have the _hard_ part yet.

But if you are moving, please please please think 'garage sale' and 'downsizing' for the sake of your friends' backs.

;)

--->Paul

8. lilmommajnn

lilmommajnn Well-Known Member

You could put many of the books and puzzles on that empty bookshelf. Make the kids help. Rearrange the desks into a small circle. Whatever is left, neatly pile in a corner and cover with a pretty blanket. At least until she leaves.....
    Jenni

9. texican

texican Well-Known Member

I may be a contrarian here, but I find both rooms quite charming...

Reminds me of my home!!!

My only criticism is I could actually see some 'unoccupied' floor space... shouldn't there be some books or magazines or something there?

10. Tonya

Tonya Guest

The only problem I see is that you have Caillou on the TV. I can't stand that whiney little brat!!!

11. Cheryl in SD

I wondered if you all would catch that! I am still trying to figure out why it was on at all!