Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grass Farmer
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came into contact with someone who offered to sell me 2 midget white tom turkeys and 6 hens for a $150.00 Is this a good deal? They all where hatched this past April.

L

·
0 Posts
If they're true midget whites (not hatchery stock), it's an excellent deal!

·
Grass Farmer
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are from a farmer that raises 100 a year for holiday birds. He said that if I didn't want them for breeding stock he was going to process them. They are from his flock, not a hatchery.

L

·
0 Posts
They are from a farmer that raises 100 a year for holiday birds. He said that if I didn't want them for breeding stock he was going to process them. They are from his flock, not a hatchery.
I wonder where he originally got them? Ask him how much the toms weigh at full adult size. If they're more than 13-15# each then they're not true midgets.

·
Grass Farmer
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked him what the adult weight is and he said live weight hens 8 or 9 pounds toms 14 to 15 pounds. Sounds like they are midget whites. I will be picking them up this weekend. So excited.

L

·
0 Posts
I asked him what the adult weight is and he said live weight hens 8 or 9 pounds toms 14 to 15 pounds. Sounds like they are midget whites. I will be picking them up this weekend. So excited.
If that's fully grown birds, then YES, those are midgets!

I wish I could find a deal like that! I paid $85 for a dozen hatching eggs to get my start, and that was a bargain!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts