Is there something wrong with my bucks?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by r.h. in okla., Apr 1, 2006.

1. A couple of my bucks are turning icky looking. Looks as if they are taking there own dung and rubbing it all over theirselves. Is there something lacking in their diet? They are in all wire cages about 24 - 30 inches off the ground. I need to sell a couple of them but they don't look very clean. I don't think anyone would want to buy them.

2. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

are they in the same cage or in cages right next to eachother? are they white, and have yellow stains on them? or just have yellowish staining?
    for some reason sexually mature males of many mamal spiecies will urinate on themself their territory and really make a mess of themself, especially if they feel like they need to compeet with the male in the territory next door,
    just give them a bath and they will look fine

3. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

oh jut forgot, in rabbits it seams that rival males will spray eachother, not themself so separate them if they are close togather

4. x_xbirdie

x_xbirdie Well-Known Member

I suggest NOT giving a rabbit a bath. White vinigar does wonders!

5. Thanks for the replies. That might be my problem as I keep my bucks neighbored up in their own seperate cages. I'll seperate them and see what happens. I have 4 bucks and need to sell 2 of them.