Is there an EASY way to stuff spices in little clear capsules?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by Terri, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Is there an EASY way to stuff spices in the little clear capsules ?

I got the empty capsules at the drug store, and I am currently filling them by dipping them into the spice containter. I am taking cumin and tumeric for the multiple sclerosis, and I THINK they are doing some good. I will know in another week.

The trouble is, it is a fiddly little job and my nails are turning yellow from the spices! :rolleyes:

2. Lannie

Lannie Well-Known Member

Oh, you need a capsule-stuffer! You'll never get enough in them by just dipping. You can get them most any place, but I got mine from Mountain Rose Herbs, and it was (I think) about $13.00.

Yup, it's still $13.00. Here's the link, if you want to look at it: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/tools/encap.php

Click on "Capsule Machine" and be sure you get the size that fits the capsules you already have (either "0" or "00" size).

~Lannie

3. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

i don't know if they still do, but used to, pharmacists put a little pile on the counter, then tapped, tapped, tapped the open end of the capsule into the powder. use the smaller end to fill, then close with the larger size.

4. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Now you'll have to get something for that nail fungus. :p