Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Taking a deep-breath and jumping in.

Before I introduce myself officially, I want to find out if I may fit here at all.

I've been a member of HT since 2009...in and out due to being very busy...and happily.

I am 70 yrs. old, widowed a couple of years...and am not husband-hunting. :)

Neither am I lonely and pining away. I have a great family around. I very simply am looking for on-line friends of any age...who are single and understand my floundering as suddenly-single. We were married for 46 yrs...exclusively "us" since 19 yrs old. I know how to do "we"...clueless of how to do "me".

U

·
0 Posts
Ox is 82 or more and post almost daily. Several regulars in this sub-forum are over 70.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your quick replies and warm welcome.

I have bailed from "Friendship" sites, where old folks seem to be looking for something more than casual on-line...er....friendship.

A bit about me. I've spent my life on a cattle-ranch in the southwest...land has been in the families...[mine and DH's] for generations, he and I added some land to pass down to our kids and theirs.

Our kids and grands live nearby and we ranch together...some have outside jobs too. I continue to pitch-in with the work...though my pitch-er is slowing down fast.

I love my life !!! My challenge is determination to have my OWN life after my husband's sudden death blew a huge HOLE smack in the middle of it. I don't want to be a "widow" who just crams her kids into the HOLE.

"We" had many good friends, though my husband was the out-going one who made "our" friends...which has become apparent. :happy2: Because I most enjoy male-critters company, his buddies are who I most hung-out with.

When he was gone, and for respectful and societies mores...the men can't continue to hang-out with me, a "widow", as before. I do understand that...it's just not done. But I feel as if I developed "cooties" overnight.

Has that happened to anyone else....?

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Welcome, Bluejeans. You've found a good spot, with good people. I too have a very active sense of humor. Tragedy has honed it pretty sharp lol
However, I think most around here recognize it for what it is. Relax and be yourself. :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
.... I do understand that...it's just not done. But I feel as if I developed "cooties" overnight.

Has that happened to anyone else....?

Single is always more complicated with married people as friends.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you.

I live in the middle of nowhere...by choice. I'm not 'zactly a hermit; yet much more reclusive than is good for me,,,probably.

I have an active social-life...on-line....with groups of people with common-interests/passions/obsessions. I enjoy country-living, cattle and critters...NASCAR...and next to my family, I love off-roading and big loud trucks.

Obviously...these interests don't place me in real-life social things with people "my"...gasp...age. I love hanging out with young people; yet I miss having someone of my generation to over-romanticize and idealize "the good ole days"....with.

There's whence comes my angst with being "single". The single persons I know are HOT-AND-SINGLE....or OLD-and-half-dead, wanting a companion/keeper. Uh. Nope.

Being neither hot...or half-dead...I'm in no man's land...on top of being in the middle of nowhere.

Not whining...just explaining.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really am a female. :happy2: I raised three sons...and half the boys in the county...so I can certainly cook, bake, do all kinds of 'girly' things in the house. I just prefer outdoors...and now that I am old, I get to do what I want to...

Which seldom coincides with what most other over-ripe females, in real life,,,, find interesting.

·
Still an :censored:
15,870 Posts
We have a number of women here that are outstanding, read that as different in a good way, as compared to what some construe as mainstream. I'm not sure there is an average person these days unless you're into self-deception.

Most times we play well together. Jump in. Be yourself. It's a great place.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yah! OK, you're old enough! Welcome aboard!Got a question,ask! Answer others questions as you can,all is well. Sorry for your loss,must be hard!

Wade

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Sorry to let ya know but all the above folks are wrong .
They missed a small print line on page 4 of the rules and regs for HT. This rule was quietly added 1.5 years ago to go along with the federal guide lines for OweBummer Care. . . . .
It states that by the age of 99.5 you are ordered to be thrown under the bus......

So until you reach the moment, you can pretend to enjoy your self............

1 - 20 of 82 Posts