Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was writing an article for our state homeschool newsletter and password protected it so the kids could not accidentally erase it. I ALWAYS use the same password.....but apparently I didn't. I have tried everything and the computer won't give me back my article. It's in Microsoft Word.......is there any way around it?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
According to Microsoft they offer no way to recover a lost password but do say that the passwords are case sensative. If you do a google search there are programs that say they will crack the passwords.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I know a guy from our church who hacks passwords, etc. He even has a program to generate false codes for MS software when you want to install a pirated copy. I know it can be done with the windows log-on passwords so I would believe it can be done in Word as well -- now how to do it is another question.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
morrowsmowers said:
I know a guy from our church who hacks passwords, etc. He even has a program to generate false codes for MS software when you want to install a pirated copy. I
Sounds like someone who need to check out those commandments. The one about stealing doesn't give much room even for stealing software.

·
Registered
390 Posts
morrowsmowers said:
I know a guy from our church who hacks passwords, etc. He even has a program to generate false codes for MS software when you want to install a pirated copy. I know it can be done with the windows log-on passwords so I would believe it can be done in Word as well -- now how to do it is another question.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)
And he IS a member of this church? As Gary and Arabian Knight said, they need to check out those commandments! Dowloading pirated copies is just the SAME as stealing!! Not sure what commandment hacking breaks, but it is also not good! :nono:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
There is a big difference between generating a key to illegally run software and a program that will find the password for a document that you created, on your computer with software that you can legally use.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. I did look up one of those password break things, and it did break the password....but it only showed me the first 5 words and then I had to pay $35 if I wanted the rest of my document. I'll just start over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts