Is the gov watching this site?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SRSLADE, Jun 17, 2004.

1. SRSLADE

SRSLADE Well-Known Member

:eek: How obvious it seems,a weird site that collects all kinds of information. A cast of characters that love to talk about their guns and what they plan to do when the shtf. How long will we last when Big Brother comes a knockin? I don't think long as we offer to tell everyone what we have planned for the future if the shtf. I can't seem to look forward to a day when we can see our neighbors and their children starve and be happy we told them so. The times suck but what's the solution?Living like a troll and being happy in ourselves? It all seems to be about justice and the belief that those we hate and have done wrong will suffer while we will prosper and reap the great reward. I know we will,and it's about 6 foot deep and it lasts a mighty long time. Take a minute and see that all jerks are not all bad. Take care of yourselves and protect what you have but dont look for others to live in misery.Share your knowledge and feel that you contribute to the Greater Good.I know it sounds weird but I like to think it makes us human. steve.

2. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

In the piney woods of the great state of Texas.

3. Hogsubie

Hogsubie Well-Known Member

You can bet your ***** that big brother's got all our names and locations on a database somewhere.

It's pretty scary just thinking about how much your name is out "there" anyway. On another post someone suggested googling your screen name to see what comes up. Well I did and not much came up except where I posted messages. Well I put in my actual name, first and last, and came up with 34,000 hits! Alot of it's crap, plus there is a tribe/race of people on a pacific island somewhere, named by my last name. But I found several hits pertaining to me, my mother, my sister-in-law and brother. I was actually kind of amazed. Pluse I found out there are two others of me, which is odd because I have a very unusual last name, czech in origin. Do a google search sometime, unless you have a name like John Smith or some other ordinary name, you're likely to receive 34 million hits!

4. Gayle in LA

Gayle in LA Well-Known Member

You bet your sweet a-- the government is watching this site, and many others too. Remember the "failed" project TIA (Total information Awareness)? I hear the government made it a "black project" - super secret, highly classified, no budget paper trail - and it is alive and well. Thank you John Poindexter, may you rot in hell along with Bush and Cheney and Rummy and Tenet and all the other fascists.

5. Most people out there are not interested in having our knowledge shared with them. They just think we are a bunch of kooks that are trying to spread doom & gloom. I don't want to see anybody suffer or starve, & I certainly would not get any satisfaction from it, but I don't feel compeled to starve my family to feed someone that was too short-sighted &/or lazy to take care of their own. I hope SHTF never happens & I am certainly not looking forward to it. How is it that one family being prepared would cause another family to starve?

6. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I really don't think I'm all that important for the government to bother watching me. If they are, more power to them. I have nothing to hide.

Jena

7. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

More than likely you and I are on several lists somewhere in the bowels of the beast of system computers that those who usurp ower have in their control.

There is a complex in Australia that monitors phone coversation from satellite.... warehouses several pallet of audio tape daily for someone to listen to cause of "buzz words" picked up by the computers listen for those words... local calls, or long distance.... so i use those words in conversation once in awhile so people will have an extra conversation to monitor... like when i talk to my sister for a couple hours [she has 3000 minutes on her cell phone to use every month any way] and she is no longetr surprised when i do so. .......Bomb shelter.....

Does not matter what you have becuse with RFID tags beingvintroduced into EVERY product that is produced there is a way to trace who bought what and where eventually coming. .........Gun Powder......

eventually someone will visit me in the cultural hub of the universe, although they have been here for years and any prudent person can tell who they are cause they try so hard to fit in and they forget the shoes they wear dont belong to regular country folks. ........No hostages......

And Bluduk comes up regular in a google search too.

William

8. Won't sign on to post but I might as well. We pay to be investigated--Darn and drat. I've googled my real name; I'm either the principal of an elementary school or a nun--not!

But I found my first love after 27 years 2 years ago because he didn't know how to hide--I do--have a different handle at the few forums I frequent. Am I hidden? Nope but disquised just a bit and my off the way google searches would confound a PhD...

If homesteading catches on to avoid paying taxes, they'll be here like stink on something. Otherwise? Small fish...

9. simpleman

simpleman Well-Known Member

Sure, the gooberment is watching. But, there is no illegal activity going on, so why worry?

Ernest

10. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

The paranoid loonies have little to fear, but I guess being a paranoid loonie is about living in fear.

My own brother happens to be a paranoid loonie that went off the deep end. In the year prior to the Y2K scare......one couldn't hold a normal conversation with this person without him going bonkers about what Y2K would bring......looting, stealing, mass hysteria, riots, killings, etc.

I asked my brother why he doesn't have a computer. His answer "The gov't is monitoring us via computer usage".

It brings a smile to my face when I hear the rantings of the paranoid loonie crowd.....discussing their doomsday scenairios. Its kind of like listening to my brother rant incessantly about (real or imagined) boogie men.

11. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

Nothing up my sleeve.....oh wait, is that a rabbit I see......

Mike

12. Mrs_stuart

Mrs_stuart Well-Known Member

I am with you on this jena, if they are watching, then they should have learned something by now...hopefully about being frugal...lol
    I have nothing to hide.

Belinda

13. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I live a very boring life. If the government is watching me,that ia a terrible waste of our taxes! :rolleyes:

14. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

We have family in a 3rd World country and just assume that our e-mails are monitored. But hopefully the poor readers either pass out from boredom or learn something thought-provoking about our people and faith. (I imagine they nod off before they learn anything, though :haha:
    Ann

15. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry to say that if the gov. is reading my posts they are very bored and if they want to see my bee yard it's on the Beekeeping forum and they can also see my pine floors on here! :haha:

16. tooltime

tooltime Border Ruffian

What would they be watching this site for, comic relief? If you aren't doing anything illegal, who cares. I can't imagine it's high on their list of priorities, but I know that some people on this site are incredibly important ... at least in their own minds. Most of are are just trading some ideas and looking for common ground. Nothing too scary.

17. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

I nominate your post for the "most sensible posting I've seen in a while" award.

18. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

Since we no longer can depend on the Bill of Rights to protect us, you'd better worry at least a little. You THINK you are boring and safe and innocent. So did the fellow in Missoula who was tossed into solitary for over a year. So did the lawyer in Oregon who was nabbed as a "material witness" in the Madrid bombings on the strength of one smudged fingerprint -- though he had never been to Spain. So did the people on the No-Fly List who regularly are harassed or denied boarding. So did so many people. How many people, we don't know, since they are not allowed a phone call nor do they get the honour of actually being charged with something. Think: if there are no legal protections, how, if you were caught up in a 1984 nightmare, would you get out of it?

Ha! People keep calling me "anti-American" over in General Chat -- and you people frequent the same website as this suspicious "anti-American"...maybe you'll get hauled off as material witnesses...or just because you have the same name as a material witness, or....

I'm not a paranoid black helicopter looney. However I have lived abroad where the Bill of Rights does not apply, so I am aware of what can happen. Sad thing is, it can happen here now.

19. zekell

zekell Member

Well there was "Carnivore"--

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/carnivore.htm

What the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th generation of what this proggie is like is mostly just speculation. Wouldn't be too surprized that Homeland super'puters sift through the entire web catching and correlating buzzwords and trends.

Unless you were born in the bush and never registered, You've got guv records. Got my social security number when I was 5, still remember the bank managers sly grin, "You're all set now kid".

Fingerprinted at 16 for a drivers license;

"Its just so it'll be easier to identify you in case of an accident."

-"But I don't care if I'm identified or not after I'm dead."

"You want the license or not ?"

Now, how thick is Your folder ? How far can You go before they reel You back in ? That depends on the state of Your depends.....

Can't deny that there's some bad hombres out there looking to do us nothing but evil.

But its always kinda of a toss up whether we get the bad guys, before some outfit like Homeland Security starts wearing snazy black uniforms with cool silver lightning collar emblems.

How does it go ? "We got cats to take care of the rats, then dogs to care of the cats, then wolves to take care of the dogs, then lions to take care of the wolves, then,,,,,,"

Starting to feel a little like lion breakfast......

20. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

Most of those cases you mentioned are slowly but surely working their way through the U.S. Federal Courts, where they will be found Unconstitutional.