Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Steff - I got the same thing.

Chuck may have other ideas, or have just let it expire due to non-recent use.

Angie

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
I visited there a couple of times but as in real life, if a store doesn't have anything I can use, I don't go back.

I really would have liked a Homesteading Today sweatshirt, but I need a size 2X and that size was never offered.

And, I think the "manager" of the store could have arranged for a tad more selection.
He maybe could have done a poll on the wants and desires of the potential shoppers..........

Maybe hold a "design an HT shirt" contest.
Let the members VOTE.

And then, before having any shirts made, take orders to find out what sizes are needed.
Maybe even offer 2 or 3 color choices.

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
I can't speak for Chuck, but IMHO, the thing to remember is "the store" isn't intended like a real store where you walk in and everything is available in every size, color, or pattern. The store is there to offer a limited number of HT related items as they become available.

Chuck surely did the best he could, within a reasonable price range. It's my understanding that the t-shirts were simply not available in larger sizes from his supplier. Plus the design of the t-shirts were reasonable and recognizable by others. I would also assume that Chuck did not want to financially commit to more t-shirts than he knew he could easily sell.

There has been discussion about other items for sale, but there's a great deal of coordinating to do (it's a big job); plus the commitment of funds is also a consideration.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
There is a forum designation under the Countryside Families forum. It had a link to the ebay 'store' where the Panamanian coffee, and the HT t-shirts were sold. It was either allowed to expire, or was deleted.

Angie

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I think it was just an ebay listing or two ..........a virtual store not a physical one. Shipping was US based when I bought a T shirt.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
I can't speak for Chuck, but IMHO, the thing to remember is "the store" isn't intended like a real store where you walk in and everything is available in every size, color, or pattern. The store is there to offer a limited number of HT related items as they become available.

Chuck surely did the best he could, within a reasonable price range. It's my understanding that the t-shirts were simply not available in larger sizes from his supplier. Plus the design of the t-shirts were reasonable and recognizable by others. I would also assume that Chuck did not want to financially commit to more t-shirts than he knew he could easily sell.

There has been discussion about other items for sale, but there's a great deal of coordinating to do (it's a big job); plus the commitment of funds is also a consideration.
I already knew all of this
Of course the store wasn't "real".

As you said "Chuck surely did the best he could".
But, I think I could have done better.:lookout:

I have organized a design contest, and worked out an ordering process on 2 different occasions so I am familar with that process.

I was not suggesting "every size, color, or pattern".
I was suggesting every size, and perhaps a couple of colors, and ONE pattern.

In order to provide the chance to get a shirt to anyone who wanted one, I have found a supplier who could make all sizes, including the larger sizes.

The purpose of taking some sort of poll BEFORE placing an order with the supplier, would have allowed for less risk involved with a " commitment of funds".

I've met a few HT'ers in several States, and I think it would be so cool to be able to meet them wearing an HT sweatshirt (or Tee Shirt) or Cap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts