Is she sick?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by dbarjacres, Aug 29, 2005.

1. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd like to know if there is anything I can do for a 3-05 doeling I have. We've had her 11 days, got her from a farm I know well. She just has a small amount of clear really liquid snot on her nostrils (like if you get a runny nose when it's cold out) and sounds congested. When we got her she had probiotics, B-vits, and Poly Serum (an immune booster vaccine which the breeder gave me). This morning she seems a bit off and not too interested in feed, just kind of picking at it. No temp. The doeling I got with her that is from May is fine. She's had these symptoms a few days but just seemed more off today. I gave her probiotics, B-vits, and a little banamine this morning. I have to get to work now so will be gone all day and can't watch her. Thanks.

2. trnubian

trnubian Twin-Reflection Nubians

As long as her temp is normal, not below or above 102-103, she will be fine. It sounds like she has a little cold that she got from being moved. Goats tend to do that. Just keep watching her. Don't give her anything unless she has a temp. (in this situation). This way she can work her way through it and build up an immunity to it. just like us.

3. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Thank you to all that replied to me on this. Crimson seems to be back to her happy and normal self tonite. Thanks for the fast replies! Jenny (and Crimson)