Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been following this story for awhile. we're all asthmatic here although we manage it fairly well I think. I immediately thought of all the illegal immigrants coming across the border and being processed right into society and schools. saw the first notices about this about a week or two after school began and thought the two things are linked. I've read this is very prevalent in some places in central and south America. caught my attention because of the info that those with asthma and children can be at the highest risk. it's sounding more and more like polio to me now.

just read a new article, that I thought was very good and was pulling a lot of info that I had been suspicious of for awhile together.

sharing a link and asking for anyone's thoughts who like to chat about it here. anyone know anyone who's been through this or suspects they've been through this or experiencing the paralysis?

wells shoot I can't find that article, here's another though. i'll look for it and post if I can find it again.

http://sharylattkisson.com/polio-li...paign=Feed:+SharylAttkisson+(Sharyl+Attkisson)

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
It's pretty concerning. We opted to get the kids vaccinated for polio- and that may or may not help. My mother had polio when she was 3. She was in a hospital for almost a year and still has many problems with her back and leg muscles because of it.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
I don't think it is a virulent as polio. When I was young (just after the invention of the light bulb), when polio struck it wasn't a few children- there were waves of a hundred thousand a year. And it could be bad enough for many to be unable to breath on their own for many.

I've heard that paralysis does happen with some non related viruses. But of course, if you are the poor child and parents it effects, the difference is hard to see.

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,913 Posts
What I have been hearing is that some of the kids who got that entero virus had polio-like symptoms.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
My Dr is very concerned with the entero virus. She called me to tell me to let her know if I or my daughter have any trouble breathing. Well, any more than usual.

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Have you guys read how much $ these groups are makeing by bringing in those diseased "children" from Honduras and such and spreading them arround the country. This disease is no coincidink.
Can you post a source for that statement?

Some of these groups help legitimate children with legitimate issues. When you accuse them of misdoing, you are slandering people who are out there doing good in the world. So provide a source so we can all judge for ourselves.

Otherwise it's just gossip.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Reactions: scooter

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Pretty shady website. "Liberty news". Huh.

Ok, so from that source it looks like the government gave money to several Catholic children's charities for "refugee and entry assistance".

And from that you extrapolate that the government is deliberately bringing in sick foreign children to spread disease here in the United States?

I'm generally the tinfoil hat guy, but ya'll need to provide better proof if you're going to attack and slander relief agencies who are out there doing good in the world.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... :shrug:

Part of me wonders if this is going to follow the same path as whooping cough and vaxes.

·
Banned
16,491 Posts
It's been 4 years since news first broke of this new "form " of polio, but they have been working on a definite link to determine a cause, and they have finally found one.........

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...sease-puzzling-these-doctors-disagree-n924471

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it doesn’t know what’s causing a sudden rise in cases of a frightening, polio-like condition that leaves children paralyzed or with weakened limbs.

The No. 1 suspect had been a virus called enterovirus D68, or EV-D68. In 2014, a wave of cases of acute flaccid myelitis coincided with outbreaks of EV-D68 across the country.

But the CDC says it has not consistently found EV-D68 in confirmed cases since then. Officials say they’re looking at a range of possible causes.

However, doctors who have been studying children affected by acute flaccid myelitis say they have gathered a growing body of evidence that EV-D68 is the main cause, and that the virus may have changed in recent years in ways that make the paralyzing side-effects more likely.

They’ve documented an increase in cases of EV-D68 surrounding outbreaks of acute flaccid myelitis. Experiments have also shown that EV-D68 can invade nerve tissue, including the spine, and there’s also evidence of genetic changes in the virus itself.

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
I know many will think I am a horrible person, BUT..... Why didn't they keep using the live vaccine? It worked/works much better than the dead injected one. I don't mean to hurt AIDS patients, but don't hurt others whom are healthy in order to protect those who have a terminal illness. Ok, now everyone can hate me. But I am right. They should have kept using the stronger, oral, live virus vaccine.

·
Five Oaks Ranch-in SW AR
315 Posts
I know many will think I am a horrible person, BUT..... Why didn't they keep using the live vaccine? It worked/works much better than the dead injected one. I don't mean to hurt AIDS patients, but don't hurt others whom are healthy in order to protect those who have a terminal illness. Ok, now everyone can hate me. But I am right. They should have kept using the stronger, oral, live virus vaccine.
The live virus OPV was potentially dangerous for anyone with a compromised immune system, not just those with HIV/AIDS. And the injectable IPV is just as effective with no possibility of either the person receiving the vaccine nor their household contracting the disease. :)

·
Dallas
13,851 Posts
My sister died from Polio in 1952, She was fine one day and dead the next. - so this is very scary.
Its another reason not to let illegal immigrants in the back door. No one has any idea of their health or vaccination status. They used to quarantine legal immigrants at Ellis Island if they showed signs of disease, yet today many people are demanding open borders.

·
Five Oaks Ranch-in SW AR
315 Posts
My dad had a blessedly mild case of polio as a child. I'm a strong proponent of vaccines and borders both!

Reactions: nehimama
1 - 19 of 19 Posts