Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me get this out of the way first so no one else has to: "Yes, Dente, it IS just you."

So, seems to me the snark factor is outrageously high this morning. So many posts bordering on downright rude ... and there's the comment about not making a comment out of "respect" ... one wonders why that sort of comment had to be made at all.

We have a waning moon, getting close to new - nowhere near full. Is it the weather that's getting to people?

What is making people so mean-spirited? Where have the nice people gone? Are they hangin' out in GC today? :)
 

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
Joined
·
38,880 Posts
August is usually a snarky time. :shrug:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,383 Posts
In a hundred year drought here.
 

·
bunny slave
Joined
·
4,389 Posts
Yeah, it's just too hot. Too hot even for a group hug...sorry.

The real problem is that people don't have enough rabbits. When you find yourself being crabby and nasty, go look at your rabbits. They'll cheer you up, plus you'll see that they can out-crab you any day. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,485 Posts
I'm thinking its the heat. Its hard to be positive when you feel like a moldy dishrag.
 

·
Accidental Farmer
Joined
·
14,837 Posts
A run through the sprinkler does wonders....
 

·
Übernerd
Joined
·
502 Posts
Ew, that's a really gross description! But accurate. Though it's not nearly as bad here in York as I'm sure it is around most of you guys- and after all the rain, we're just happy to see the sun and not have been washed away in the floods.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm about four weeks away from finishing my Master's dissertation, packing up all of my junk and moving back to the U.S., so I'm feeling somewhat pressured and stressed out right now. This dissertation is fifty percent of my degree grade, so it's a Big Deal to do well, and it's been dragging on so long it's getting hard to concentrate. I'm sure I'm feeling a tad more snarky than usual. Though I don't think I was posting this morning, so maybe I'm in the clear for once!

I'm going to see the Simpsons movie tonight, so I'm sure that'll leave me in a better mood. Hard to be irritable while you're watching Spider Pig.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,383 Posts
trixiwick said:
Yeah, it's just too hot. Too hot even for a group hug...sorry.

The real problem is that people don't have enough rabbits. When you find yourself being crabby and nasty, go look at your rabbits. They'll cheer you up, plus you'll see that they can out-crab you any day. :)
Yum.........rabbit........... D'oh!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,020 Posts
Ya know, this forum would be a lot less snarky if people followed one simple piece of advice:
Don't call another person "trash" until you lived a day in his....or her...cabin.
 

·
Big Front Porch advocate
Joined
·
44,851 Posts
Cabin :nono: :)

Just cause you have that enchanted cabin in the woods.... trailer people have to live somewhere too. (I know, I'm in one)....


And DeLion - it's not just you. I haven't read them all today, but it does happen, seems to be in cycles.

Angie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Faustus said:
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm about four weeks away from finishing my Master's dissertation, packing up all of my junk and moving back to the U.S., so I'm feeling somewhat pressured and stressed out right now. This dissertation is fifty percent of my degree grade, so it's a Big Deal to do well, and it's been dragging on so long it's getting hard to concentrate.
Chin up, Faustus, the end is in sight! Best wishes to you!
 

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
Joined
·
9,934 Posts
trixiwick said:
Yeah, it's just too hot. Too hot even for a group hug...sorry.

The real problem is that people don't have enough rabbits. When you find yourself being crabby and nasty, go look at your rabbits. They'll cheer you up, plus you'll see that they can out-crab you any day. :)
Nope -- rabbits are furry, cute and cuddly. Certainly not what I need to make me feel better when it's hot and sticky out :)

Rabbits are definitely a winter-time mood-enhancer :) Right now I need a cooler-type animal to keep me from wringing someone's neck. Maybe a dolphin... anyone got a dolphin?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,276 Posts
trixiwick said:
Yeah, it's just too hot. Too hot even for a group hug...sorry.

The real problem is that people don't have enough rabbits. When you find yourself being crabby and nasty, go look at your rabbits. They'll cheer you up, plus you'll see that they can out-crab you any day. :)
For me it's CHICKENS!!! Whenever I'm feeling sad or crabby, I go sit outside and talk to my chickens. They never fail to make me smile :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,020 Posts
AngieM2 said:
Cabin :nono: :)

Just cause you have that enchanted cabin in the woods.... trailer people have to live somewhere too. (I know, I'm in one)....


And DeLion - it's not just you. I haven't read them all today, but it does happen, seems to be in cycles.

Angie
Sorry Angie, I will go back and edit my post.
 

·
Big Front Porch advocate
Joined
·
44,851 Posts
Hey,

live in their,..... trailer, abode, cabin, underground cave, hut, teepee, yurt, sail boat, or other.....

or walk a mile in their shoes, or bare feet, or sandled feet....


Let's just lighten up and enjoy each other, rather than snap at each other...

Angie

PS: Cabin - that still is an "enchanted cabin in the woods"..... I have photos that prove it.... so do all the people who love looking at where you and WIHH live. Youv'e done so well, and it's a dream for lots of us that strive to achieve part of what you've accomplished.

Angie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,383 Posts
Cabin Fever said:
Ya know, this forum would be a lot less snarky if people followed one simple piece of advice:
Don't call another person "trash" until you lived a day in his....or her...cabin.
Cabin trash???? :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,553 Posts
It seems it's in my nature to be thought of as snarky by others....so I'm just my usually self. It's pretty easy for me to accept others as kind, snarky, caring, mean spirited, whatever they choose to share here -- I try not to take any of personally, and can usually see the good in everyone. And just for the record, I'm okay when I'm critique for my posting style :) Especially when I'm left with the feeling that voicing their honest opinion has helped someone else grow.

Hugs,
Marlene
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,516 Posts
Unless we can see a person's face or hear the inflections in their voices, we cannot be positive if they mean to be 'snarky'.

I tend to be straight-and-to-the-point and if somone sees that as snarky....oh well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,894 Posts
Always amusing to be told to be nice by someone who usually just as heavy handed with their responses at times too. LOL

Ardie, we love you the way you are. :)
God Bless,
Michele
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top